Wednesday, October 6, 2010

[[ Jet Settin' ]]

Grateful to have a wonderful boss who let me leave work early just to catch the Orange County flight (about 2 weeks ago….sorry this is just getting posted lol) just in time to make it to the nail salon and spa before it closed. This is not just any nail salon…. I’ve done my nails a ton of times and been to enough places to know good service from bad. Hawaii Nails in Huntington Beach is thee best nail parlor I’ve ever been to. My aunt took me there for the first time about a year ago upon one of my many OC visits. I fell in love with it and from there on I swore I’d never allow anyone else do my nails/pedicure {with an exception of emergencies at home}
I love how they take their time doing nails. They are very detailed and unlike other nail salons they are not shady with their acrylic. (I love not having to ask for an extra coat of acrylic). The little Vietnamese ladies are so sweet and can hold a conversation with out yelling out in Vietnamese to her coworker making me (and everyone else there) think that something’s wrong with my nails. Lol… Pedicures are phenomenal. They are a bit pricy but it’s totally worth it. You mark what you want done as far as your pedicure goes, from Hot Oil Massage, Callus scrub,  Paraffin Treatment (like a masque for your feet that softens cuticles and skin), designs, foot and leg massage that lasts 10 minutes to an hour depending on what you’d like (prices vary as far as massages).  Everyone has their own preferences….this one is mine. So until I can find one with better treatment this’ll remain my all time favorite. Besides….you can’t beat hittin up the beach afterwards. =)

After nails were done we met up with some friends after a football game at Roundtable Pizza. One word: YUM! Relaxed the remainder of the night because I knew I’d be getting up early for my Hawaii flight the next day. I caught the first flight back to Salt Lake City just in time to make a stop at my bank and catch the direct flight to Honolulu!!! =) There were two events that took place in Hawaii amongst the Polynesian community there on the North Shore, 1.) A funeral of a well known Fijian lady and 2.) a 90th Birthday Party for one of  my friends grandma (also a well known family there in Laie- Purcells) that explained all the friends and families heading out on the same exact flight I was. Of course many were making fun of me for the main reason I was going out to Hawaii…………to eat. LOL. It had a been a loooong while (since March….that’s a LONG time) since I had been to Hawaii. I missed the food. The people. The scenery. And the beautiful weather. I’m not even from Hawaii but it’s always nice to go back and be in that particular surrounding. I love Hawaii.  As soon as I got there my aunt and I hit up KIM CHEE  7.…not the normal one we go to but it did some great satisfaction. Haha… I killed my plate of Kalbi Ribs, Butterfish, and Tempura shrimp, my aunty was so surprised. LOL I don’t eat A LOT so that’s what made her laugh even more. Haha.  It was so good though… After lunch I met up with some friends for dessert.


By the time I was done with my purpose there (EATING), I shopped for some goodies to bring back home. The rush there was so fast, next thing I knew I was sitting in my first class seat on my way home. =) 

Got home….rested….and started my work week the following day.

Thank God for blessing me with many opportunities to live comfortably and happy. There is a GOD and he is GOOD!!! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment