Monday, January 17, 2011

[[Paradise DETOUR]]

leSo I was suppose to be on my way to Samoa (for the first time) last Thursday. Well because broke and I are way too close my plans to Hawaii and Samoa changed right before my parents and the girls caught their flight to Minnesota. And now, I'm sitting here in Minnesota. Totally different right?? Lol..It's all good though because coming here ended up being a great idea. 

My sister Frankie needed to finish paying off one of her college credit (EMT) classes. And since my family doesn't have that kind of money to just be paying for classes here and there (or I'd still be in school lol), let alone medical classes, and also because Frankies still in high school, it's all kind of 'out of pocket' 
(at least until she can get a scholarship or something). 
She's been doing so good with school and I would've hated if she did all that work and didn't get credit for it because it wasn't paid off. So I decided that I'd save money  (because I did end up getting a nice fat check from all the overtime during the holiday season) and just come out here and help out with the show, since the money from the show did go to Frankies school. =) 
Also because, I felt that this was the only way I could really help Frankie along with school. I'm not a doctor, nor am I going to school to be one, let alone even in school- even though I KNOW I should be. So if the only way I could help my sister in school is by helping out to pay for it....that's what I'm going to do.

Minnesota has been great, despite the nasty snow piles, icy roads, and 10 degree weather. lol. I seriously had planned that this weekend, I'd be far away from snow, on a beach either in Samoa or Hawaii gettin' my tan and sippin' on a virgin Pina Coloda. ;p But with my luck and random life things happen to take it's own road, most of the time, not even letting me know what's going on. And it's all good because great things have happened since I've been here. 

First off, the show was great. It was a promo show hosted by Ezra Tuaolo (former NFL player and author of Alone in the Trenches). It was a beautiful party and the turn out was more than any of us expected and [that is reeeaally good business wise].

Second, the Steelers beat the Ravens. That makes us one step closer to possibly be playing in the Super Bowl!!!

Third, we're all spiritually obese after lastnights Family Home Evening. It's always amazing what the spirit brings when you're with people you just love and adore.....even if the meeting is LOOOOONG! lol... I got to share my own testimony- and I surprised myself. It's been about 2 years since I've actually done that. It's always good to know that I still have it though-

Fourth, we visited the Mall Of America. I love that place. We took Pili for the first time, he had a blast on the rides there and can't wait to come back.

and Fifth, I met some pretty funny rugby players that will be at the sevens in Vegas. Like I said before, good company is always nice to be around. Now I'm all excited again for the sevens tournament.....NO not because of them, but because it'll be my first time at the actual tournament and for those that actually read my blog, ya know I love Vegas. =) So meeting them just reminded me of how great of a time I'll be having in Vegas lol.... 

AAAANNNNYWAY

It always amazes me how God makes everything fall into it's proper places and you don't even see it coming. My unexpected paradise

here turned out to be  
what I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment