Wednesday, March 28, 2012

[ engagements ]

The last month has probably been the most craziest one yet of my entire life. With all the baby news it kinda just made up our mind on marriage.....so we were gonna just elope and get hitched 3 weeks ago....but instead took some council from mother dear and decided to wait........... til the end of the month LOL at least to celebrate our union with those who we love and who really love us. As soon as we decided that all the action of planning went into effect, the planning and picking out of everything. Let's just say I'm pretty blessed to have the people in my life in my life (did that make sense? lol). My cousin Kass has been a true life saver the past 3 weeks. She worked her magic as she did our engagement pictures.




Check out her blog here if you'd like to see more of her magic =)

The following week which was also st. pattys day my sisters and close cousins threw me a little bridal shower, kinda like our GNO (girls night out thing we do). It was so sweet. I loved it...it was absolutely perfect. Very intimate with the ladies that seriously mean THE MOST to me. I seriously just loved it from the yummy light brunch we had, to the wonderful gifts I received, and most of all to the girls that made time to come out for me. =)
I was so wrapped up in it that I totally spaced taking any pictures so here are from others phones and cameras..... thanks ladies for lettin me snag em. ;)


Party Favors by Fatai


....bottoms up??....


the fab 5


My Delta BFFs ;)

Love me some Mele & Havi

.....enna....eta....upu....

My Birthday Cake......thanks Vika 


....the bosnian, dominican, and african.... ;)

My fijian sister from another mister... <3 You Dutta!!

don't know what i'd do without these ladies. Love my KKK sisters

....better late than never... lol my "lets keep it real" sisters =)

...and this, would be my soon to be sister in law ;) LOL

sis Ash 

Sis Sia 

...my life saver through out all of this...

....beautiful cousin Upuia....
Thank you to all my sisters that made it out to my shower.
That night after the shower I didn't know but Shawn had dinner reservations and a little date night planned for my birthday.


Good thing he made reservations or we wouldn't have been seated for days w/all the high school prom people there- but even with all the craziness there Braza did not fail us! =) The night before I had worked grave and practically  had no sleep so all i wanted to do was sleep. I kinda felt bad but after stuffing my face I felt like I was gonna just fall over and knock out anywhere so insisted I just go home and sleep.... seemed pretty lame but my shower + braza + my handsome fiance date + sleep= the PERFECT birthday.


The next day (my actual birthday) was Sunday. What better way to spend a birthday than being spiritually fed? Church was awesome. My family then had a little dinner and gifts for me at home, with my favorite foods and delish chocolate chantilly cake. With all the events that took place that weekend, it sure was one birthday I will never forget.....besides the fact that i turned a quarter century lol...

As the week continued I tried jamming in as many hours as I could at work and trying to help out with planning the wedding even though I really am not picky about anything. I told shawn I really had NO WORRIES. I know how my sister is as well as my cousins that she's been working with- and i totally trust their work. Kass and I scheduled to do bridals also that week (last week). Bridals turned out great thanks to Kass again. haha... 




since then everything still remains crazy, all falling into its proper places but still crazy. 
This past Friday was Shawns Pro Day for football. He did amazing and now we're just hoping its all good from here. =) I'm so proud and happy for him. 



We went this week and got our marriage license on Monday.
It was hilarious dressing in our tongan attire. Shawn didn't know what was coming but glad he was a good sport about it. lol....



Dinner with both our families followed after. =)
The hours in the days seem to be shorten a lot faster than normal as we get closer. I thought I was the only one getting excited for Friday until I got this text outta no where



We're a little excited ;) and pray all will fall through as we hope with all our family and friends. When I post again i'll most likely be wedded... so i had to get this all in before I forget and never get to it, or at least acknowledge how awesome the people are in both mine and shawns life. We really are so lucky and so blessed in so many ways. 
So here goes to everything and everyone.......


6 comments:

  1. You look beautiful through this post sis. See you friday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting!!!!!!!!! I bet you won't be sleeping tonight.... I know I didn't. Lol. Love your engagements, um... Idc if the flippen wedding is tomorrow. We STILL want an engagement pic to hang on our fridge! Lol. And ur dress looks gorge.... :) Sucks Rob and I can't be there, but I'm sure it'll be nothing short of amazing. Love ya! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. K I wrote that comment ^^^ thinking it was Thursday... Lol. I meant FRIDAY! Hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww I didn't know you guys were getting married already! Your only a few days away! How exciting! :) I'm glad you aren't stressing out too much with everything, your lucky to have such amazing friends and family to help you out! Congratulations on everything once again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you. I'm sorry I wasn't there,, i hope everything turned out how you wanted and that you two enjoyed your day... Remember we are always here for you guys.. Can't wait to see where Shawn ends up. Hopefully out here with us.. He will go far, with you by his side and his hard work, that's all that matters... So happy for you.. mrs asiata xoxoxo xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. CONGRADULATIONS LETA!! LOVE THE PICTURES!! YOU ARE GORGEOUS! OFA LAHI ATU TO YOU MR. AND MRS. ASIATA! <3

    ReplyDelete