Saturday, March 10, 2012

[ all at once ]

So we've established i've got a nice little bun in the oven.....over that. When  we found out a few weeks ago I had to schedule my very first appointment because they couldn't give me due date due to my menstral cycle being irregular....the nurse said I could be any where from 6 weeks to 27 weeks. 27 WEEKS?? what the heck... haha The earliest I could get in and meet my OB was last week Tuesday. Thankfully I accepted and patiently planned on it. I swear it was THE LONGEST 5 days of my life. Tuesday came {so slow}, Lusi took me because Shawn had things to take care of with his lawyer. We checked in, I filled out all the paper work, and sat quietly. Lusi put me up on game about everything that was going on and what had to take place. All new....and all kinda weird- I was so thankful she was there.

We went in, took vital signs, weight (insert sad face) haha, talked a little bit about how I had been feeling, found out I had to get my very first papsmere (insert nervous/weird face), and got some interesting baby info books.... I then met my OB for the first time. We walked into his office and all against his walls were University of Utah recognition plaques and pictures of his cute little family. He read over my paperwork and we chit chatted for a little. As he read thru my papers I guess he came across "Father of child" where I had put 'William Shawn Asiata'....he suddenly looked at me and said "SHAWN??" I didn't know what to feel lol.. I just looked at him and smiled and was about to say "OH please don't tell me he has another baby here!"...... LOL j/k. Then he said he knew him from football....so perfect, my OB knows Shawn. hahaha... weird and kinda cool at the same time I guess. After that fun small talk I was taken to another room for the papsmere action....lol. That was awkward and i was glad it was fast and over with in no time. =/

The doctor ran some tests and took a small little ultra sound to at least measure the fetus and give me some info on a due date. I couldn't really see or understand the screen but I was pretty sure I was about 10-12 weeks the most. The doc then turned to me and said, "Okay, so you're about 22 weeks." 22 WEEKS?? Are you kidding me??? No way......that's 5 flippin months. Who doesn't know they're pregnant that far along?? OMG.... lol. Thanks...and I thought those were just effects of me being 'irregular' hahaha... He then gave me my due date of JULY 8, 2012!! I was completely shocked. I had no clue at all that i'd be THAT far....

oh well....at least I was done with half my pregnancy right? lol...

I had to go to the lab for more testing. Lucky for us someone had cancelled on their appointment so we were able to schedule an appointment for an actual ultrasound that same afternoon. By then Shawn was free to come up to the hospital. That experience alone had to be one of the most moving experiences I've EVER had. As soon as the nurse put that 'thing' (hope i can learn all the prego vocab before I have baby) on my stomach baby's head popped up. Shawn was like "OH MY GOSH BABE...OH MY GOSH!!!" LOL...it was so cute every little thing he was so fascinated. haha I mean, I was too but it was funny watching him. The nurse then asked us if we wanted to know the sex of the baby. With no hesitation I said of course....hello- I want to start shopping already. haha
Since we found out we were expecting Shawns wanted a boy and I wanted a girl. this was the moment where we'd find out.... She kept trying to get the gender but the legs were crossed, finally after playing a little pressing on my tummy the nurse said "well there's nothing in between so it's definitely a girl!"
IT'S A GIRL!!! ahhh i was so excited. I turned to Shawn and said sorry not a boy.... haha At that point the nurse was laughing because baby girl had put her hands over her face. hahahaha We were laughing because she was probably embarrassed she wasn't a boy.. ;) haha It was so cute. Before we had even gone in for the ultrasound, when we found out how far along I was, I got a bit worried because I had no clue I was pregnant so I was totally just doing normal daily things I'm use to. I was afraid for babies health and safety because I was already so far. So honestly the gender didn't even really matter at that point, we just wanted a nice little healthy baby....boy or girl.
After finding out it was a girl the nurse continued to take pictures of different things and more of the baby. Thankfully, she said everything with me and baby were along the lines of perfect. Baby girl was growing just right, brain was working and growing right, she was healthy, I was healthy (obviously...i mean dang the scale said it all...ugh), and we even got to hear her little heart beat (insert 'tears of joy' face) I about cried... So thankful to my Heavenly Father for keeping her safe and healthy all this time. =)

You can say we left IMC happy campers.... in one day, our very first appointment we:

*Met our OB-GYN (who also happens to know Shawn lol)

*Found out I was 22 weeks (5 months)

*Took blood/urine test

*did some funky papsmere business

*due date July 8, 2012

*IT'S A GIRL!!! =)


We've been super stoked since that day. I can't help but find myself grateful and thankful every day/night that so far things are great with this pregnancy. Besides the fact that my work uniform squeezes the hell out of me, I haven't had any sicknesses, never nauseous, no cravings, and no mood swings (Shawn would probably disagree though haha).... but yeah, so far it's been smooth sailin'. On top of all of that I've got myself a nice little healthy baby girl. I think the only hard part will be picking out the right name for our sweet baby girl..... but Leta sounds pretty good to me! ;) hahaha...


....on a serious note though..... excitement doesn't even justify how I really feel about all this.... =)

7 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a LOT to learn in one appointment! haha CONGRATS though...girls are SO MUCH FUN!! Can't believe you're 22 weeks already...lucky you had no morning sickness that hits most people in the first trimester! From here on out it should be smooth sailing! :) Congrats and welcome to the mommy club! Oh and you look so cute with your little baby bump!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same thing happened with Sepa! When we found out...she was 7 MONTHS!!! None of us, including her, had any idea! Lol. she didn't get sick or anything either. talk about lucky! lol. congrats on ur baby (: ur bump is so cute (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww !!! i think she should be named after her favorite auntie :) love you both !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! Yayy! Girls are fun, and compared to my son my daughter is definitely a helper and big time cuddler lol. And we're due basically the same time! I'm due July 9th! and we're having a boy. So maybe I'll be running into you at the hospital lol. Now it's appointments every month, then the glucose drink (yumm! lol) and all the rest! Glad to hear your excited about this, because it is an exciting time! Take care of yourself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Leta girl :) Rob & I are totally excited for you & Shawn! Ur 5 months and looking great... And a baby girl?! Even better! Loving the bump ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute blog sis:) lol @ your non-baby tlk vocab!...but lol'er @ your ob knowing shawn...that must be awkward, him talking about how he knows shawn and then you having to spread 'em for him AHAHAHA!! JK!JK! NBFR AAAWWWKWARD!!! lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting!! You look so cute with your little baby bump! :) Your little girl is going to be Beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete