Wednesday, May 23, 2012

[ i wonder???? ]



I've been an aunty for a few years now and I absolutely love every moment of being an aunty. I love hanging out with my nieces and nephews and just love and adore the heck out of them. I love that I don't mind spending any money or any amount of money on them.... if I had all the money in the world it'd definitely be spent on them. I love the cute little conversations I have with them, and the silly things that come out of their mouth's seriously crack me up. I love how bright they are and how sometimes they'll listen to me instead of their parents ;) hahaha I especially love that they THINK that I'm such a cool human being. I'm in love with their little innocent and forgiving spirits. The fact that they love me no matter how I discipline them (when i absolutely need to) teaches and humbles me so much, I love learning from them and their own little personalities and characteristics. Most of all though, just the fact of them being an offspring of my sister/brother does it all, sends me right over the top.... I feel like they could seriously be my  own.
Now... with me having my own child very soon... I've wondered.... and it seriously has boggled my mind as I babysit, hold, or even just watch them playing these past few months IF it's even possible to love my own child as much as I love my nieces and nephews. ;( I'm not ashamed to admit it...it kinda scares me. I've even cried to my sister and my husband about it (hopefully this is just part of the pregnancy lol). We've talked about it... I know I will love my baby girl- I mean heck, I'm already obsessed with her in my belly, but....... will I love her the same way? Will I adore her the same way I adore my sweet, cheeky, naughty, and crazy little nieces and nephews?? I know most likely I will..... lol but it's just something I've thought about a lot lately- could I seriously love another human being more or the same way I love these other little peeps of mine?? I don't like thinking about it, but it's something that always comes to mind, and really kinda bugs me at the same time. It's like I've kinda been like a second mother to them (at least that's how I feel) and so i'm just a little unsure of how it'll be post birth.


Even when I see Shawn with our nieces and nephews I wonder the same thing. He feels the same way but doesn't think about it as much as me. He's pretty sure she'll have him wrapped around her little finger- kinda like how mommy has him. ;p LOL... na j/k.
I do know though that there are a lot of things my nieces and nephews do that I hope and pray I won't tolerate or teach my own child LOL... jk Like when I see my one of my nieces or nephews do something naughty, I'm like "Oh heeeck no, my daughter is not gonna do that!" hahaha But then again I'm pretty sure i'm all talk now and it'll all be different once she makes her arrival in 7 weeks. So 'til then wish me luck w/all this. ;)


7 comments:

  1. I had the same feelings when it came to having our second child. Of course you wonder if it's even possible to love another so much as you did the other (or others in your case) but trust me you do. And yes it'll be even more special because it's your child. :) Only a few more weeks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg i've thought the same thing lately about my kids vs. my love for my niece!! and i was planning on blogging about it. lol. that's funny.. love this post (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with lani...I felt the same way before I had the twins.. could I possibly love them as much as I loved Toa??? OF COURSE.. your heart grows bigger and fuller and trust me, when you have your own, it will be a different type of love that you have for Pili and LaVona.. You love your nieces and nephews as your own, i do mine, but it's seriously different when it comes to your own kids... dont worry.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knw what u mean...but sis I dnt think words can describe it right... all I knw is its an unbelievable feeling that u will never wanna lose... its not so much about having enuf luv for them all, but more that surprising and kinda shocked feeling of knowing u can have so much more love...I dnt knw if that makes sense but I am very excited for u two:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's very normal to feel that way! I agree totally with Lani and Kass....having your own child is a completely different kind of love and your heart just grows and grows. It's hard to explain it, but in 7 weeks, the minute they lay her in your arms...you will know exactly what we're all talking about. I remember my friend Talia said when her mom had another baby, that she wouldn't love anyone as much as she loves him....then she had kids of her own and now we just laugh about it. Motherhood is a whole new world. Almost as if you stop living for yourself and start living for your kids, if that makes sense! You're gonna be an awesome mama! :) Oh, and Pili and LaVona are super lucky to have such a loving Aunty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this post, Leta! Believe me, I felt the EXACT same way before I had Ili. I adored my nieces & nephews like my own so I couldn't imagine loving anything or anyone more, but like everyone else said, it's a different kind of love when its your own child. The moment you hear her first cry and hold her in your arms will be one you'll never forget. It's like your heart fills with this pure, innocent love that is a whole different kind of experience. Okay, I'm sounding a little dramatic now. Haha! Don't worry about it, you have enough love to go around :) Baby girl will change your world in ways you can't imagine! Hope this next few weeks flies by for you. The last stretch can be tough, but it'll all be worth it in the end. Take care, Leta!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The real question isn't "will you love your child?" it's "will you keep loving mine?" LOL! Don't worry Leta, you've been such an awesome mommy to my kids and they absolutely love you...heck, I named one of them after you...you'll be fine and I'm sure that you will love your baby girl unconditionally.

    Seriously, I'm excited for you because I know how much love you have for kids and I can't wait for you to love your baby girl. I know that you won't have any problems loving her. You will nuture her, love her, teach her, play with her, be there for her and give her more time than you even knew you could.

    You're the best Aunty, 2nd Mommy and sister! I'm blessed to have you in my life and I know that your little girl CHOSE you because she knew that you may not be perfect but YOU were perfect for her! Hang in there...she's almost here and I can't wait to take care of her. I can only pray that I will be half as a good of an Aunty/Mommy to her, that you were to my kids.

    I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete