Saturday, April 16, 2011

[A Mic and A Light]

This past week has been a pretty rough one and not even knowing it my cousin Tina called and invited me to come watch Gladys Knights show.
I seriously love her. She's such a great inspiration and her conversion and testimony are just amazing.
So my mom and I flew down to Vegas and watched

"A Mic and A Light"
{thank you Tina}
held at the Tropicana. She was aMaMaMaaaZinG!!!
You honestly can't even tell she's 66 years old.
I absolutely loved the whole show, I was speechless the whole time.....i know weird right?? haha
 I enjoyed every song but my favorite that night was this one
We got the hook up. My cousins girlfriend sings soprano back up for Gladys and so Gladys' bodyguard was notified that we were there and moved us up a lot closer than where we were originally sitting. I loved it, I swear it made the show even better [besides the guy that kept coming to tell me to turn my camera off lol].
She's such a crowd pleaser and was just awesome to watch.
There was this part where she mentioned that music...plain music is just dying out. So many voice fillers, beat fillers, 80-90 dancers on stage, etc...etc... has taken place, and that she didn't have that kinda "firework" money so she decided to take it back to just a MIC and a LIGHT and just SING. Real Music. Real Talent. And that's exactly what her whole show was. It was just so legit. I loved every moment. 
I guess I was really stoked because she's a legend. She was one of the artists that MY parents wanted to watch, and for me to be there sitting in VIP watching Gladys Knight perform the hits that I not only have on every one of my playlists but are the songs that MADE HER was really what left me speechless. lol... I guess that's what it'll be when my children watch Beyonce in Vegas in 30 years...LOL.
I love Gladys even more now.

**********************************************************************************

Besides the phenomenal show the following activities took place:


Arrived @ 9am and went straight to some $5 buffet in Green Valley.

For some reason, when I get to buffets that look delish my eyes suddenly become enormously bigger than my stomach and I pile up food that I never even finish. bad...i know. =( But I do that. The buffet was yummy especially for being only $21 for 4 of us. 
Shopping took place.


So I have to explain that this week was NOT one of my easiest weeks so to speak. {insert sad face} A lot of bickering was going on that really turned out to be A LOT of wasted emotions. {insert another sad face}.
Well, Tina knows me so well that she knows shopping therapy fixes everything (at least for the time being and a little more).......so that's exactly what we did. I was lucky enough to go on a shopping splurge/spree and I got these cute shoes. I have this thing with not only shoes but NUDE shoes, they seriously are my favorite, just 'cause they match eeeeerrr'fang. {insert HAPPY face FINALLY} haha..
After shopping we did pedis and hair.
We were so caught up in our convos I wasn't even able to snag a picture. 

I drank the best boba {thai drink} I've ever had.

then..it was sushi time.
Sushi also makes things better.... so we had our sushi date..... TWICE before I left. haha.


The following day we didn't get on the flight which kind of sucked because I had to take the day off of work and I really didn't want to because I just can't afford to, but I believe everything happens for a reason so I made use of my stay in Vegas. hahaha. The Pure Aloha Fest was going on and that's what we had planned to do. J Boog, Fiji, and Kapena were all performing....sounds fun huh?? Well... it was a $40 admission and I refuse to pay that much to get into something that I get into FREE....most of the time. LOL Am I cheap or what?? hahaha
Luckily I got to meet up with my family from Samoa that had just arrived. My aunt Tina and her kids got in and brought a whole bunch of goodies, these were just my favorites:



Overall the trip was fantastic and was very much needed. I'm so grateful for my aunty Leta and Tina who made the whole trip possible. I know God's put every single person [in my life] there for a reason and this past weekend really showed me why these two and my mother are there. Like I've said many times before, I'm NOT lucky...I'm just blessed with the most amazing people in my life. =) 

Xoxoxo... Life is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment