Thursday, May 20, 2010

...Pittsburgh Hero. Overdue Trip. Talk Radio...all in ONE??

Pittsburgh is my secret haven on the East coast. The place I'd run away to if I ever had a purpose to do so haha... I love it there. I could see myself possibly retiring and residing in good ol' Sewickley in one of the many mansions there on a nice gated off community on a beautful green hill......... of course only if I was a billionaire......that is why I wish it soooooo friicckkiin bad!! ;) My aunt Janie and her family live there so most of my east coast shows are there or near there. That explains why I LOOOOOVE my sTeeLeRs!!! =) Despite the fact that we aren't going for a Steelers game or event, my cousin Melia who is much like Frankie to me is a little pro soccer player. She's been playing since she could kick......in her mamas belly. lol. Team Captain at the college she's attending (not to mention she's probably 'THE' smartest person on her team!!).....she's gorgeous and single [i think] unless she's holdin' out on me!! haha..... she'll probably kill me if she knows I'm writing all this about her.
However, she and a team she plays with are hosting a Luau fundraiser to help raise funds to go to South Africa in June. Of course Frankie and I have been planning on going down for the show not only because its for Melia (and she's kind of a big deal ;p), Pittsburgh shows are most fun, but also because our visit to the holder of 6.... not 4...not 5....but 6 NFL Championships....... Steeler Nation.....home of Troy Polamalu is LOOOONG OVERDUE!! So it's about that time.....




...AnYwAy...






Every morning I listen to 1280AM SportsRadio with John and Hans. My dad got me hooked on this station during college football season rivalry between the Utes and BY-who?? lol And since I don't have the luxury of owning an HD radio I refuse to listen to Utahs garbage radio stations that don't have too much of a variety of my preferable music. Besides "talk radio" is not bad at all....i swear. If I'm not listening to Sports Talk, it's 97.1zht's Morning Zoo. This morning they were talking about a family from PITTSBURGH, PA who was vacationing in Myrtle Beach, SC. This story had me shocked, it was kind of freaky yet really heroic. I couldn't believe the young 8 year old boy was so smart to even think to get the abductors DNA. Seriously, who thinks of that during an emergency...let alone someone THAT young?? Big props to Nathan for saving his sisters life. There are so many freaks in this world who knows what could have happened to the young girl. I'm pretty sure he learned some of the techniques he used on the abductor from CSI:Las Vegas!! hahaha.....

That story got me a bit worked up in my mind even though we're not going to Myrtle Beach, the thought of having that family being from Pittsburgh [the place I would be at this weekend] shook me a bit but not enough to make my excitement go away... I still can't wait to get there. I'm wide awake now.... blogging rather than packing =/ LOL. So anxious to get out of here and to be with the everyone there. I will be Pittsburgh bound in less than 24 hours... the count down as begun!! =)

Now just crossing my fingers that I make these standby flights.... and Pili doesn't freak out on the plane =/ YIKES!

No comments:

Post a Comment