Monday, October 3, 2011

[ i got a sweet piece of peace....]

...this weekend. I wasn't able to catch all of General Conference (boooo!), in fact I think this is the first year that I caught so little of it, how sad. I did catch Sunday though (instead of going to an NFL game in San Diego lol) and what I was edified with from it kinda made me sad that I missed out on Saturdays conference. Conference is always amazing. I really try to prepare before conference as far as questions that may be boggling my mind, to seek answers from the talks at conference....and it  
never fails.  
The Lord seriously blesses in mysterious ways. =) 


Just a few of my favorite things from conference:

**Dig deeper into reading the B.O.M., it betters your character**
(Pres. Henry B. Eyring)
--good thing I'm reading because my character sure needs a lot of help in that area--

**Wait on the Lord= Having Faith and being consistent in keeping the commandments**
(Robert. D. Hales)
--something I really lack at times, but will strive to work on--

**Priesthood blessings are crucial in the world today**
(Elaine S. Dalton)
-yeeeah looks like I need a fathers blessing asap-
 
**Our password to heaven will be the Lords name, we must take upon his name.....and live like him**
(M. Russell Ballard)
--HELP PLZ!-- 
** the 10 commandments have now become the 10 Suggestions (really? ha). In this forever changing world the gospel of JC is the only thing constant, and is the ONLY thing we can rely on to inherit eternal life!!**
(President Thomas S. Monson)
--my gosh, how amazing is he?! Always so short, sweet, and to the point. I love how he always reminds us to "Be in the world, but not OF the world". 

This gospel falls nothing short of amazing and is as true as true gets. I'm grateful for a Heavenly Father that continues to love and teach us by giving us tools in every way to return to him. I struggle and make mistakes on a daily basis but knowing the gospel and all it has to offer (which sometimes sucks when YOU KNOW already haha) is the biggest blessing anyone could have. I can't wait to hear or read (in next months Ensign) what I have missed. I've received answers to questions I've had, even to questions I wasn't quite looking for at this time (or I thought I didn't need at this time) and it sure has brought so much peace to me.

Okay, now that I'm on a spiritual high hahaha.... Happy Monday Y'all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment