Monday, October 3, 2011

[ spoiled much?? ]



Honestly, if guys dont know how to treat ladies then they should just be gay. Lol jk but seriously. Something funny happened this weekend that kinda opened my eyes and I realized how spoiled I actually was. Coming from a family who is imperfect in many ways yet perfectly loveable has really been a blessing in disguise. And I never even seen, until this weekend.

Shawn and I attended the last session of conference and being that it was General Conference we took forever finding a parking downtown. Oh how the devil works lol,  it got a bit frustrating because not only did we have to walk like what seemed 2 miles up hill to get there from our parking, it was already 1:56pm by the time we found a parking and I knew we would miss the opening talk of the last session, I was pretty upset and Shawn knew it. hahaha poor guy. We finally got in {at 2:13pm) and was able to catch the rest of the session. It was lovely of course. I had to meet my cousins at the hospital immediately after conference to sing for one of our good friends who had been in a terrible car accident. So Shawn and I left after the last speaker that way we could walk our 2 miles back to the car and not get stuck in traffic. As we walked out of conference and back to the car my feet began to hurt. Now, I believe that good quality heels are totally worth paying big bucks for, because in times like this.....well you need your good quality shoes. Well.... my shoes I chose to wear to conference are pretty cute heels, normally really comfortable shoes, but today, they just werent. {insert Annoyed face.....oh and painful face lol}. So I took my shoes off and decided just to walk the rest of the way bare foot. Not a problem. So now we continue the rest of our 1.5 miles back...and now my feets burning because the grounds hot lol. and the whole time Im thinking... "okay, why hasnt this guy taken my shoes?" All bfs carry their gfs shoes..... right?? I guess not in this case. lol.... Then we get to crossing the road and Im on the outside of th road while Shawns inside. lol... Just to make things clear, its proper etiquette for guys to be on the outside of the road when walking with a girl.... ya know that considerate common sense stuff??! haha Well for some reason that just irrittated the heck out of me....but I didnt say a word.


The whole walk to the car I was thinking to myself...not out loud because that would just chase the beautiful conference spirit out. However, it was such an eye opener of how spoiled I had been all these years. Im not blaming Shawn for anything because like I always say EVERYONES DIFFERENT. Some people were taught to be a gentleman, some just learn on their own. I dont think its my place to tell Shawn how to be one but it really was awkward, and weird, and kinda shocking, but I am glad that I noticed how lucky Ive been to have a father, and brothers who are always being such gentlemen to us sisters.
Yes, we fight sometimes as siblings and have disagreements with my parents but its those small acts that really make me appreciate my family. That, I must thank my father for. Hes always doing the sweetest things for my mother. Lucky for us girls my brothers just automatically picked it up and treat us the same. Every time we fly out my brothers are always taking our bags, carrying our purses when we have to walk a long way or are wearing heels or dresses, they open the doors for us, they run back in the house and grab whatever I forgot, they bring in the shopping from the cars, they WALK ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE STREETS lol, they're always just lifting the burden from us. And a lot of times I really think it goes unnoticed becasue we're just so use to them being like that. We've gotten to the point where we just EXPECT them to act that way, but I honestly do notice it every time and am thankful for such considerate brothers. Another spectacular thing is, its not only with us, but they really carry it over with other girls, whether they be female cousins, friends, or just ladies in general....they help those in need to lift their burden. And I totally thought thats exactly how all guys...well most were. I was proven wrong this weekend hahaha .... so training for a gentleman will be in effect these next few weeks. You best believe my sons will be doing the same. hahaha....


 Anyway, all jokes aside, that's really what it comes down to, being a gentleman to me, really means lifting 'HER' burden. And vice versa... but more on the guys side. ;) haha... I'm not downing Shawn (so much) because he really is good to me. He does so much for me and really is such a big help in lots of ways. He seriously has the biggest heart, I swear.....sometimes I feel like saying "OMG ITS OKAY TO BE MEAN!" haha... but really most everything he does is for my best interest and I'm grateful for that, it's just some of the things that i'm use to and expect, he doesn't know.........so that's why I'mma do some schoolin' here cause I am not walking 2 miles on the outside of the sidewalk carrying my own shoes anymore... ;p LOL.

K that's all....good night and Happy Monday! =) XoXo

No comments:

Post a Comment