Sunday, August 8, 2010

Ofa & Tricia tie the knot!

For those of  you that don't know, I'm a twin.

Okay I'm really not but it sure has felt like that the past 23 years of my life. Growing up there were 4 of us first cousins all the same age that were raised together, and although we got older and began doing our own things, 2 of us (me and ofa) stayed inseperable. Everyone always referred to us as "the twins" because of how close we were and because Ofa looked like me with a china mans haircut. haha Ofa was the bad one when we were little, not joking. He always got in trouble at school for talking to much, saying bad words, teaching Alex and I new things kids shouldn't be doing (like flipping people off haha), etc....etc... but as we grew older he became the total opposite. Before I knew it he had transformed into such a gentlemen and was ALWAYS respectful of me and my surroundings. He served a full time mission in London and the out come of that too was a surprise. He transformed into this man no one knew..... I loved the gospel MORE after Ofas return with honor because the spirit he carried with him. Our long talks became deeper and meant more as we prepared for how we'd go about preparing for our own separate futures. One thing I absolutely love about Ofa was that if MY opinion didn't matter to anyone else it  always mattered to him. He always took into consideration what I had to say whether it was right or wrong or if he agreed with me or not. 

Ofa dated around a little and when he told me he thought that 'this girl' (Patricia Zinck) was the right one,  I was like... 
"Uhhh NO you don't know what you're talking bout... think about it more, there are more fish in the sea!" 
LOL... it wasn't funny at the time but when I think about it I honestly knew he was ready, if he KNEW she was the right one....he knew. There's no doubt about that. I merely was afraid of 1.)losing him and 2.) NO ONE was good enough for him; growing up thru high school and even after that, boyfriends/girlfriends were never really anything of interests  mostly because we had so much fun with each other. We had different priorities than our family and friends who dated so young and started families so young. But after Ofas mission and the big change that came with it and with the experiences I had thru dating I understood where he was coming from when he said he knew that 'she' was the right one.

After a few months of dating Ofa and Tricia decided to tie the knot on July 24th. The wedding preparations made me never want to get married lol.... and even up to the day of the wedding I was still bummed out that I was basically losing my twin...but all  in all the wedding turned out great. I'm so happy for these two and can't wait to see what the future holds for them. Welcome to the family Trish. =)

the wedding party
ofas boys!

Trish and Ema
Me*Alex*Melia

Mr. and Mrs. MAPU


Get it girl!! lol


the TIGHT wedding party ;)



Love You Twin and Trish Mapu!! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment