Friday, October 29, 2010

M.I.A.M.I.



This past weekend had to be one of the best weekends I've had for a while. Why? I went to Miami for the first time. Did I love it? OF COURSE!!! Do I want to go back?? YES PLEASE...ASAP!!! =)

With the hectic, time demanding schedule with work I was finally able to use my unused Holidays and take time off to go somewhere.....anywhere. My original plan was to go to Orlando first and then Miami after. As time got closer....plans changed and I ended up just going to Miami. Did I mind?? NO WAY.
I went to Miami to visit my cousin Kassie. She's been out there for almost a year (i think) because her husband (Ray) signed with the Miami Dolphins. [cool right?] So I decided I'd take this opportunity to visit her since I miss her so so much and she rarely gets family out there. Kass has always been super fun so I knew I'd enjoy my time out there regardless... Kass and Ray own a time share there so she had my room all ready for me. Thank goodness she was right next door or I'd be sooooooooo lonely. 


This bed was the reason I didn't wake up til after noon... too comfy.


shes a neat freak... lol


The night I arrived, I was too late for GNO. =( But it was okay, Kassie and I stayed up until 5am just talking and catching up. The next day.... Alligator Airboat Tour in the Everglades. =/



LOOK! An alligator =)

...okay it's actually pretty cool, because that alligators rarely come out...

Thanks sis!

The airboats always remind me of that Adam Sandler movie (i don't remember what it's called) but that's what this whole tour reminded me of. It was very interesting and very very funny. We were crackin' up at our tour guide because he kept stopping the boat to tell us about the cat grass and bushes in the everglades. How fun was that?? I dunno but baby Toa fell asleep. lol... The ride was pretty fun, at first I thought I was going to die because he kept making sharp turns, and if we would've fell in, it would've been over.
Anyway, our tour was cut short because we had to pick up my dad from the airport. On our way to the airport we stopped at the beach.
one word.
Beautiful.






It seriously looks like what you see on TV or on a post card. Everyone there disgustingly looks like they just walked out of a magazine or off of a TV set or maybe.... just Jersey Shore? haha. I was so jealous, but motivated because my next trip there, I'm going to have a rockin' Victoria Secret body like everyone else there. Okay maybe not that nice but something better than what it is right now. haha
And..... maybe that lady in the back doesn't look like she's out of a magazine, but you get what i mean... lol

Anyway, sushi followed after picking up dad and then our visit to the Dolphins Football Facility. It was cute to see dad go crazy there. Everyone knows my dad has been a huge Dolphins fan for the longest time. Heck... My little brothers name is Marino. So watching him was too funny, he was running around the facility like a little kid. haha... Thanks Kass, now he wants to visit there every time we come through. haha





YEEEEAAAH...GOOO #34!! Love Ricky Williams!!

Let's hear it for the boys...the 2010 boys! =)

Dad and Toa 

 


After the facility, we went downtown Fort Lauderdale. Just some FYI, all the Dolphins facilities and majority of players stay in Fort Lauderdale, not Miami.I never knew that until this trip. Being downtown made me even more excited to be there. haha

Beach Place is like a BIGGER downtown Waikiki.

We found this guy and laughed, he reminded us of Uncle Lois ONE MAN band!! =)

All along the street and beach they have live bands, for almost every restaurant. Well these guys had a dancer as well hahaha

beach posers?

okay..... too excited. haha

my little man Toa. ;( Miss him. 


Lucky for Kassie she's not there alone. Our cousin Paul and his wife Tasha stay down there as well, so that's nice to have family there even if it's just the 2 of em. Pauls been with the Dolphins the past 4 years so my dads always flying down for the games. He got us tickets for their game verse the Pittsburgh Steelers. Now..now.. if you know anything about real Steeler fans you know that it runs generations deep. We're pretty big Steeler fans (my sister and mother and mothers side..etc...etc), but since Pauls been at the Dolphins, I've developed a great love for em. Besides....half the Utes get drafted there, so I gotta love em. But no way in heck does that take me away from being a Steeler fan, it just makes it awkward when cheering at the game, because everyone around me is confused as to who I'm really cheering for. haha...

MAD TAILGATING...

the BIGGEST Dolphin fans i know


good music!

I had to meet my cousin to pick up the tickets, he told me to meet him at the Red Carpet area, by the time I got there, this is who was on the red carpet.... haha


who are these girls?? I HAVE NO CLUE! LOL... maybe a knock off Pussycat Dolls??


Gloria Estefan


Okay the carpet was orange....not red.

Now this next guy had me screaming like a little groupie. hahaha. I love this guy. I was so mad at myself because I was so caught up freaking out and screaming
"HEEEEY MY BROTHERS NAMED AFTER YOU!!!" 
that I didn't even get a chance to snap a good picture of him and he was right in front of me. LOL who does that?? haha
MAGIC JOHNSON is a giant.



no zoom...nothing. He was that close and I was screaming instead of snapping a good one. ugh.. 

thats right...rockin that HINES WARD! ;)

I dunno his name but I know he's famous. (give you da guy going bald in front of me lol)


.....and then the game began.....














Proud to be an American no matter what team you're for =)







GO PAUL! =0)






For this being my first NFL game experience, it was a total blast. Both teams played great. I explained to my dad that it was so hard to cheer for both teams. I love the STEELERS, but when family is playing on the oppsoing team it's a permenant exception. Paul did great, and can't wait to get Ray back on the field. The other thing I love about the dolphins are the Utes that have been drafted to em. You love one Ute....you love em all!!! =)

Later that night I hung out with the Soliais. To my surprise when I got to Murphys (in Hard Rock) the Orlando Disney dancers who came down for the game were there. It was good to see them and meet a few more. We had a blast hanging out and the boys karaoke had us off our seats cracking up. =)

chase??? LoL

MaMa MiA!

=)

blame it on the goose gotcha feelin' loose.... LOL

oooookkkkaaaaaa TROY POLAMALU... LOL

sweet michelle


don't eeever do a duet with this one.... haha



someone thought they were Michael Jackson.. LMBO!! haha


Too much fun, so sad it came to an end.

My camera died half way through my trip so I didn't get to capture the rest of my Miami adventure. I was bummed because the following day we went down to south beach for some fun. South Beach is where the Kardashians DASH store is at and where Jersey Shore's filmed.



The Feingas and I went down during the day for lunch, the beach, and a little shopping. Later that night our same crew from the night prior went back to South Beach for Pauls agents party. It was pretty cool. Miami sure as heck knows how to "get down on it!" haha...

Unfortunately my trip had to come to an end. I was so sad to leave everyone, especially my nephew (Kassies son) Toa. I love this boy, he's so adorable, I miss him so much. =( Thanks to the Feingas, the Soliais, and my private client..he who must not be named. LOL This was definitely an unforgettable trip. I love my family. =)

3 comments:

  1. SO FUN! wow, i so thaaaaats the perks of workin w the airlines huh? i think one of us needs to get on that... NOKE... lol. so glad you were able to have some down time... next stop-- HAWAII!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We miss you so much...give you the bald guy from the orange carpet, he's in one of ur game pictures too in the stadium hahaha...glad you had a good time sis...you're welcome here anytime...love u

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL kass I just barely saw that hahaha... Thanks again, you're the BEEEST hostess ever. Miss you and your guys' grass. haha

    Leeks... YES PLEASE get Noke on that so we can take a trip. If not...i don't ever mind visiting you. haha

    ReplyDelete