Sunday, April 15, 2012

[ good movie/bad movie ]

I didn't make it out to Miami this weekend which kinda sucked because I have seriously been dying to go back. I think I'm destined to live there, I dunno. However, staying home wasn't so bad after all. My weekend has been pretty chill and suprisingly relaxing. =)))) I'm not a movie buff and prefer actually watching movies at home. Sometimes I'd rather be caught reading a good book on the weekends snugged up in my blanket instead of spending time or money the Cinema. But....this weekend was a bit different. I've been a bit hooked on the Hunger Games.....who hasn't right?? Well I was dying to watch the movie but refused to watch until I actually knew the story. So friday night we planned a date night and decided we'd go watch it. We watched it....................................and it sucked.
I personally didn't like it. I know the books always better than the movie but for real....I seriously hated the Hunger Games movie. Maybe it just wasn't what I expected and I remember thinking "wait...that's not how it was in the book" a whole bunch of times. I also thought it was too long. I personally like the HG's story and story line better than Twilight but I like the Twilight movies better, especially Breaking Dawn. I know that through time the HG's will improve just like how Twilight did, I'm just upset I didn't like the HG movie.
LionKing's one of my favorite movies, just felt the same
with my whole "bad movies" experience this weekend lol.

...it didn't just end there though...

Last night was the Tehamata Tahiti Fet here in Utah. Pretty good turn out for it's first one so kudos to Penny, Jual, and the Tehamata team for putting it together. Our girl we went to watch and cheer for didn't exceed to the next level.....(even though I think she should've since she was on point with the beat and very graceful) so Shawn and I dipped, went make up shopping (which I MUST admit i'm super proud of myself for only buying what I went for when I went to MAC....and no more.....if you know me you know that is impossible haha but I did good), and caught a movie. Yes, another movie. I don't know why I've been in such movie mode. We ended up watching The Cabin in the Woods. Three words for that: STUPIDEST MOVIE EVER! Really... When I figured out the whole motive and story behind the movie I was ticked and wanted to walk out. It was just plain dumb......but still I sat there lol. The movie finished and we were so annoyed.
1.) because instead of it being a horror movie it was just a horrible movie and plot
2.) I wasted 3 freakin hours of my life sitting in that movie theater watching this annoying movie that I can never....ever get back and
3.) I try my hardest to NOT watch R rated movies, but, this time I did and I regret it so bad. I'm so annoyed with myself for watching it knowing it was R rated and then it being dumb made me even more mad, I mean, if it was a good rated R show... lol. j/k ehhh...

Anyway, after watching both movies I found myself really irritated about the whole fact that movies now days suck. Even some of the ones in Red Box (well most). Lately (to me....generally just speaking of me and my thoughts, because I know A LOT of people loved the Hunger Games) it's like the more movies that come out the dumber they get. I can probably hand pick really good movies that came out within the past year. Maybe I'm just getting old since I'm also not to fond of the music they play on the radio now days. I mean come on producers... either step up your game or get out of the business. LOL j/k.... kinda.

...okay, that's my complaint for this weekends movies. haha. Other than all that it's been a good weekend. I was able to spend a good amount of time with my family and enjoy my date nights w/the husby. ;) haha.

Have a blessed week everyone.... =)

2 comments:

  1. Lol. I didn't really like the hunger games movie either.... I was kinda disappointed. The book was absolutely AMAZING, and I was irritated the movie didn't explain some of the things that should've been explained... Ya know? Ugh. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually haven't watched either of those movies....and now am questioning whether I will. LOL. Thanks for the reviews!

    ReplyDelete