Monday, August 3, 2015

..MoNdAyS iN tHe PaRk....


Hey y'all! 
Mondays in the Park is an annual show we do during the summer (click on link for more info) 
Annual shows are always fun because we are pretty experienced with the event so there's not a whole lot to prep for, and most of all because it's a treat to see familiar faces of those involved in the event. As we prepare for Mondays In The Park we know we'll always promote the event by doing a morning segment the morning of the show with a local station. This year it was KSL. We always have a blast with KSL on any segment we do, even if it's at 5am ;)  check out the segment here... Haley Smith is such a darling anchor and made it all worth waking up and dragging my kids and hubby out of bed so early. haha... 


For as long as I can remember I have been performing on stage, whether it's singing or dancing. I believe since the age of 5, and is the probably the reason I'd rather dance in front of a million people than speak in front of a group of 12, or teach a class lol.  As I look back on all the many performances I can't help but be grateful for 
1.) the talent and ability that my Heavenly Father has blessed me with to be able to even perform and do what I love.
2.) being born into a family of entertainers- my goodness what a blessing it has been. I can't even imagine what my life would've been like had I been born to a boring family...lol (j/k boring people)
3.) the opportunities and experiences I've had through entertaining.
and 
4.) being able to stay connected with my culture has enriched my life in ways I never thought it could. I can honestly say I am a proud Polynesian who understands and appreciates my culture because of singing and dancing. 

The thing I love most about being an entertainer is being able to witness the happiness of those we perform for. It truly is an amazing feeling and makes all the time and effort put into practice all worth it. =)
I've seen a ton of interesting things, been to many places, and met incredible people who have all touched my life in one way or another. I hope that, like my parents did, that my love for entertaining will rub off on my babies. I love seeing that they already have a great love and appreciation for music and most of all dancing. I don't know to many babies that already had the rhythm down and could bob their head to the music by 6 months. I love it!

Life is awesome and I sure am grateful to be me....Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment