Thursday, February 8, 2018

...So, this is AMAYA...

Heeeey!! So we had our 3rd babe.... here's her story.... =)






At my 35 week check up everything looked great baby was head down and preparing for her debut which was soon to come. When I went in for my 37 week appointment baby was completely breeched. Right then my doctor gave me all the options that we had as far as getting an ECV, where he would do some numbing and relaxing of the uterus so he could flip the baby from the outside. Well, in that process, a few things could happen.



1.) chords could get tangled up in there while hes trying to turn baby and that could cause her heart rate to drop cutting off oxygen to our sweet babe =( and



2.) in the process of turning baby, that could cause excessive bleeding so in both cases he'd have to perform an emergency C section. I probably jinxed myself because I had just told him and the nurse before the ultrasound that I wanted to do this unmedicated and that I did NOT want to have a C section....well just my luck, I basically sat there with no option but to be medicated and to have a C section. =/


As I let it sink in I found myself fighting back tears. I'm not normally emotional about things but this was a lot to take in especially since my doc wanted to perform the ECV that same day. It happened to be my cousins wedding and I had to work the next day, and you know me, I'm all about responsibilities lol... which was kind of my excuse to not do it that day. Dr approved me waiting through the weekend and then performing it first thing Monday morning (in 2 days). Once I got into the car where Shawn and the kids were patiently waiting  I pretty much lost it. Dramatic much? Like I said, it was seriously so much for me to take in. I went from such easy labors with my last 2 and then this was my option for my 3rd child? The pregnancy that was pretty much cake and happened so fast?....yeah I was dramatic and cried for a good 5 minutes, like the ugly hyperventilating kinda cry LOL... eww my poor family had to see that. =/  After I told him our options, he assured we'd be fine, that alone made my heart feel so comforted. He's so much stronger than me.


I felt prompted to call my dad right away and ask for a fathers blessing. With both kids I got a fathers blessing and I truly believe that's why both were such wonderful experiences. He told me he'd be home soon so we could do it. Luckily my uncle Dan was in town for my cousins wedding so he helped dad with the blessing. It truly was the most amazing and comforting blessing I've ever received. I knew that from there on with enough faith all would go well regardless of what we'd have to do. I spent the next 2 days googling everything about ECV's and how to turn a breeched baby. I did all the different home remedies and exercises and then I just gave up and figured whatever the Lord had planned for me, I'd be blessed either way.
Monday came and we headed straight into the ultrasound room and BAM! Baby was flipped head down.... We were ecstatic and seriously full of gratitude to our Heavenly Father for hookin it up. We were on our 38th week and ready.... and when I say ready, I mean ready to have this baby because my last 2 were born at 38 weeks so I knew it was coming soon. Dr. Kaelberer (my doc) advised us to come back on Wednesday just to make sure baby was still head down. Made our appointment and was back in the office 2 days later with the same results, a nice head down into the pelvic bone baby. (***insert WINNIN emoji face***)  Still very grateful.
 We then were advised to go and check back Monday, Dec 19th to see if things had progressed. I was dilated to a 3 and if anyone knows about dilation you know you can sit on a 3 for a while so we weren't to stoked but grateful I had been dilated. After leaving the doctors I felt I could go another week of being pregnant. It just felt that this baby was not ready to come out...and that was fine with me. I had to work the next day, so i went to work and I kid you not, I felt I started contracting from the time I got into work until I left that night at 130AM. I felt a little different but nothing as far as giving birth. The next morning I still had cramps, again thinking they could just be Braxton Hicks... no big deal, however, I was bleeding now. =( Like not spotting bleeding but more like menstrual cycle bleeding. I was scared but didn't want to freak out to much. This never happened before so I called my nurse and she had me come in.






Now back to the beginning of this bedtime story lol.............


We got into Labor and Delivery where we were asked a few questions and then put in a room to take an ultrasound. The nurse came in and did her thing and then walked out....came back in rubbed my tummy again with the little tool pressing buttons trying to find something...  left the room again... came back in and by then I was like Okay...she hasn't even said anything but keeps leaving and coming back to look at baby.... WTF IS GOING ON?? I ask her and she says, you're doctors coming down because baby is breeched again. OMFG... are you kidding me?? So Dr. Kaelberer comes in gives me the options....again. I still wanted to do it all unmedicated but when he told me IF anything was to happen that he would have to cut me open with no medication. YEEEEAH... I didn't want to take that chance so I ended up getting some meds. I honestly don't even remember the doctor giving me the meds or telling me he was giving them to me, I just remember feeling really good at one point and then asking the doctor if we were going to start. Uh hello... we were done already. hah.. good meds huh? ;) Shawn was amazed by the whole process. He literally watched the doctor grab babys head and body and literally turn it upside down. Immediately after that we got sent to prep for labor. Dr. said he didn't trust this baby to sit still another day lol... As we sat there prepped for baby we got news that my cousin and his wife just gave birth to their sweet baby boy a few rooms down. With them being there my dad was able to give me another blessing of comfort with my Uncle Joe. It was so sweet. I knew from then on that this birth was going to be easy peasy. That was around 3p... well time went by and I wasn't dilating lol... my water broke but I was still sitting at like a 5. (BOOOO!) My doctor came in and apologized saying his wife throws one party a year and its a Christmas party so he had to go show face but his partner would be there if anything happened and I had to go into labor. He was pretty confident that I wouldn't give birth though until about midnight. I was fine with that...I mean it was only like 7p what was another 5 hours (***insert rolling eyes***).
We then had a shift change for nurses...as they were exchanging I suddenly felt so much pressure down below...like very heavy pressure. I told my new nurse I felt like I had to take a huge dump lol... she asked me to hold on as long as I could because they now needed to find my new doctor. What felt like the looooongest 7 minutes of my life finally ended. I forgot the dr name but she was so sweet. I remember I didn't push very long before we had our sweet babe. We also didn't know the gender of the baby so when we came out I was secretly screaming inside because she was a girl. I told Shawn I didn't really care but I was so happy to have another girl.


As I mentioned earlier, anything could've happened in the process of UN-breeching our baby. We find ourselves completely blessed that everything went smooth. We named our beautiful baby girl

****** AMAYA SALAVAOALEMASINA KA'ATI ASIATA***********

No doubt she has been such a blessing in our lives and we are all obsessed with her to this day. Just as the doctor told us, she is probably going to be our child that gives Shawn and I alllll the white hairs. Shes such a  little teaser but is so much fun. She can be really chill like her dad but also have a temper like him too. haha.. Nonetheless she's probably every ones favorite in our family. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment