Saturday, February 20, 2010

A baby shower + A Baptism + A Homecoming + GNO = A NONSTOP SATURDAY!

MY GOODNESS..............

Normally Saturdays aren't this crazy. It was one thing after another. Although I NEED the money I'm glad I took advantage of not picking up at work and took the opportunity to sleep in til about 10:30am....and that NEVER EVER happens, either because I'm pickin up at work on my days off, catching an early flight somewhere in the world, or there's church ball .....so i was pretty stoked about sleeping in that late. Plus I knew today was going to be a NONSTOP SATURDAY!
I got up and helped my mom prep and make her chop suey for my nieces baptism later in the day. By the time we were done it was already time to leave for the shower, I was so upset because the time flew by so fast I didn't even get the chance to hit up these nappy roots....UUUUUGGGGHHHHHH BAD HAIR DAY AGAIN!! lol

My Aunt Laina hosted a baby shower for my cousin Johns wife, Paki. They've been married for 8 years, recently sealed in the temple for ALL TIME and ETERNITY and now....FINALLY expecting their first child in a few weeks. We're all so excited and happy for them. I wish them the best of luck with Baby Brigham.... YES the babies name is BRIGHAM as in Brigham Young University and YES they are DIE HARD BYU FANS- poor child ;-p lol j/k

Baby Brigham got a ton of things!!









Tinis gift was sooooooooooo cute- she made it herself. I guess it pays off to go to Relief Society right?? lol


Right after the shower we hurried out to Bountiful for my beautiful niece Keilani Keiahos baptism. I'm so proud of her and her choice she's made to stay worthy and be baptized, so far she's the newest member of the gospel and what a joy that is. How exciting is that to know all your sins are forgiven and you can start things off the right way?!
Gosh... knowing what i know now makes me think
"Darn it I wish I could be 8 AGAIN" hahaha-
I pray that she'll always remember the special covenants she made with our Father in Heaven today. Love you Keilani!!


I'm always so excited when Moni and Lavi (My moms brother and his wife) have family functions because we get a chance to see my sissy ANATAVA- me and this crazy girl go back....waaaaay baaack, like back into the "LOSE CONTROL" days lol and i'm ALWAYS so glad to see her when her and Junior (my first cousin) get a chance to come down to Salt Lake. Today was also their fatman LIUAKIs 2nd birthday...so HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY LIU. My goodness I can't believe how big these kids are getting... and so fast- gosh i feel old and I'm NOT even old WTH?? haha




Aunty Tina w/the Keiaho kiddies (Liu, Joni, and Sia)








mmmm yummy...look at all those diabetics eating what they're NOT suppose to lol

After a soaking wet dress from washing about 30 silver pans we made our way back to the valley to a homecoming for Elder Afatasi (i think that's his name lol). He's in Tinas ward (Heritage), I didn't know him but glad that he returned with honor from serving his 2 year mission in Ohio!!


So proud of those missionaries and their love for our Heavenly Father. The food was soooooooooooooooooooooooooo yummy there, you know I HAD TO eat AGAIN. hahaha- after the homecoming......the NIGHT BEGAN...



Every month we have a GNO (Girls Night Out) with both sides of my family. One on my dads and one on my moms. GNOs are just for us girl cousins to get together...
No Husbands,

No Boyfriends,

No OUTSIDERS,

it might sound a bit shady but then there are things that you can ONLY talk about with that certain group of girls and not have to worry about MAYBE offending someone that might not get your humor....ya know?? lol
but the best part...so they say is

NO CHILDREN.

Of course I wouldn't know what it's like to get away from my kids cause I don't have any but it sure is nice for the other ladies to... =)
It's just to let loose and catch up with what's going on with everyone's hectic lives. We're all older or getting older and everyone's goin' their own ways and it's always nice to know what's going on within the lives of the girl's you've grown up with and have been around your whole life. It started off with my closest girl cousins on my dads side and it's been such a success we decided to start one on my mothers side....and let me tell you, it's been nothing but fun and very RELAXING for those sisters of mine who have their own families. It's nice to see them get away from their "every day" life of being 'mommy and wifey' and just chill with the girls.

Anyway, last month was our FIRST ANNUAL GIRLS NIGHT on my moms side with all my first girl cousins. Each month one of the girls (or sisters if she has any) have the opportunity to host. As the host they plan out what we will be doing whether it's going out dancing, dinner, bowling, or just staying in and gossiping LOL j/k... In this case Fatai and Amy (My moms older brother Elis daugthers) hosted and we stayed in tonight. They taught us how to make chicken egg rolls =) and we sang KARAOKE aaaaallll night. It was so much fun!!!




I've never Karaoked like tonight LOL. Although Tina, Frankie, and I were the only ones that were able to make it- we were having so much fun and made so much noise the next door neighbors would've thought we had a full house, even though there were only 6 of us lol... thank goodness the house next door's vacant so we took advantage and seriously
BROUGHT THE HOUSE DOWN
hahaha...


I hope you enjoy these videos....more so I hope the girls don't kill me for blasting our GNO Karaoke Night cause we sure were "ACTIN' A FOO!!" haha

Pink's SO WHAT in the version of Fatai Vamanrav


Britney Spears "You Drive Me Crazy" in the version of Ema (Amys sister) lol



No matter what side it may be i LOVE all my sisters the same. They've all truly stuck by me through it all. When I'm hurtin' they're hurtin'. When I'm happy, they are too. We cry together, we laugh together so hard our stomachs hurt, and we continue to grow in many ways. Although we have our disagreements with whatever the case may be we all LOVE each other so so much. I thank God for the amazing examples these women are in my life. I LOVE YOU SISTERS!!!! =)

1 comment:

  1. Im so happy to have your new blog address since you never game me your URL.. lol... awww, I am going to miss GNO with everyone.. um, that's why yall need to make a girls retreat and make your way to MiAMI... hope all is well.. I can't believe baby Liu is 2.. he's so freakin' cute.. Love you sistah.. come visit.. don't talk about it...be about it! lol

    ReplyDelete