Saturday, March 6, 2010

-my St. George FIX! :)

I'd be ungrateful if I didn't thank my Father in Heaven for blessing me with the coolest people in my life. I have, by far, the BEST family ever- and if you're NOT related to me I suggest you find someone to marry in my family... lol nah j/k.

Have you ever been so close to a certain family, and although they're extended and you almost don't even know how you're related but it seems like they're literally your brother and/or sister?? You would NEVER hold an important event or function in your life with out having them there with you setting up...cooking....and cleaning after wards?! Well that category is where this WONDERFUL family...or must i say 2 families fall under.....the Limutaus and the Hopokingis =)

We've been so close for so long that every time we meet back up... like Kanye West we take our own walk down memory lane talking ALL NIGHT til DAY LIGHT... literally! haha

I haven't been out of town for a long time, and FYI if you don't know me 6 months is a very long time for me to not travel, so this trip was well planned out and I've been juiced to get out of Salt Lake...even if it was just to little St. George- well Hurricane to be exact.My cousin Lee who's related to me on my Mothers side and his beautiful wife Vivian (who is also my cousin but on my Fathers side) reside in good ol' Hurricane, UT.

Their second daughter Aileena

was baptized and confirmed a new member of the church and we (My siblings, Tina, and I) had the honors to be there with her and support her on this big decision.I'm so excited for her. She's such a sweet spirit and although we're baptized and all our sins are washed away.... we all kinda chuckled because Aileenas so sweet and we couldn't find anything she could possibly do wrong, but then again we don't live with her haha I am happy for her though and like Keilani, my niece from my blog prior to this.... i hope and pray Aileena remembers the sacred covenants she made this day with our Heavenly Father. =)

The baptism was beautiful and the spirit that was felt was very uplifting along with the talks and musical numbers given. Lee performed the baptism for his beautiful baby girl! I'm so happy for Him, he's been through SO...SO MUCH (did you catch that second SO lol- it's cause I meant it haha). He's been through so much and has come a LONG WAY and we're all so proud of him. Of course he can't take all the credit....Vivian has been the backbone of it all. She continues to amaze me each time we meet up. She's seriously like SUPER MOM always on top of things and maintaining their beautiful home nice and neat. I admire these two so much and know that they deserve all the blessings they now enjoy :).
I love coming here to visit, Lee and Vivs hospitality is out of this world.They are always making sure that we are full....not only fed but have gained 10 lbs before heading back to Salt Lake...like I really need that right?! UGH! They make sure we are comfortable and feeling at home with everything constantly keeping us occupied.

This past trip



was one of those things that kept us occupied... Haha I personally don't like this game because not only do I suck at it, I'd much rather play a REAL GUITAR and be a REAL GUITAR HERO! hahaha na jk. I couldn't believe how amazing my nieces and nephews were at this game- I tried the drums....

the guitar...

And the bass


and errrrr NO LUCK so I went back to where I belong... The BORING MIC! :)

anyway other than Rockband my next favorite thing about this trip was our
Maori Section Reunion... Lol YES WTH?
Lee and Vivs parents requested that since we all haven't been together for a long time that it was time for us to get up and do our infamous Maori dance

"TERANGA TAHI"

from 10 years ago....which also makes it 30 lbs ago haha. My goodness talk about "outta shape". Although we forgot motions here and there it was thrilling to see all of us up and performing a number everyone thought we had "thrown in the bag". I loved it though- the boys did the haka and it actually gave me the chills because I missed the show from back then :( I hate to brag but honestly since our boys use to do the haka I have not seen it done better anywhere. *okay i'm back to earth now* lol
I was stoked that Lees sisters Fine, Char, and Joanna were able to make it down for the baptism. We laughed the whole time,and with Jo and Char you can't quite find a volume button to turn em down. But no worries I loved every moment of being with these few ladies.
Sunday we had the opportunity to sing AGAIN but for my cousin Nanas primary. lol she's the Primary President and had asked us that morning if we could sing for primary, i've never sang a musical number for primary kids but it was nice. I was so glad that we got to sing though- the spirit truly testifies through music,Nana would agree because besides her crying was the little girl who felt the spirit so much she was screaming her head off. LOL =D After church Char wanted all the "church goers" to take pictures outside. We got a little out of hand out there I'd say...but it was all out of good fun. Lee made fun of us but ended up giving in to capture a few kodak moments.



Fau'olo Girls w/Aunty Kalo Hopokingi



<3 these ladies


Crazy Aunty Tina and Hopokingi Girls =)




We made these two take a picture. I know Lee looks like he doesn't really want to be there but deep inside he really did because after we took pictures he was the FIRST to upload em on his laptop. LOL ;-p


However... besides us getting 'picture happy' on the sabbath the best part was our brunch after.Aunty Siasulu and Uncle Pesa had a tona'i and had tons of food. Lee surprised us all with his yummy pasta salad... his own recipe and all. Never in a million years did any of us expect to see Lee cooking in the kitchen with his white church shirt on you know that was for real a KODAK MOMENT!! =) hahaha

Although the Lakers lost and that was a bummer it was well worth waiting there to eat all the good food and spend the last couple of hours together. I hate goodbyes. =( I hated saying bye to those i love spending time with....but it came and was very emotional for everyone BUT ME. haha I totally believe in the whole "pulling your tooth out method" the quicker you do it the less painful it is. Therefore I said my goodbyes quick and jumped in the car before any tears could come. =)

I guess I really enjoyed this trip because a lot of different changes have been taking place in my life as the new year approached and I've been struggling with a lot. I'm glad I had the opportunity to come out here and enjoy my time with these few people, it's amazing what a difference others can make on your life and they don't even know it. I guess this is what I needed.... A tiny little get away
**my own ST. GEORGE FIX!
Like I stated earlier I'm so blessed to have these 2 families in my life. I love them dearly and always hold a special part for them in my heart. I LA LA LA LA LOVE YOU HOPOKINGIS AND LIMUTAUS

.....oh not to mention te Itaehaus and Taulas :)

No comments:

Post a Comment