Thursday, March 11, 2010

*confessions of an Airport Customer Service Agent....

Okay...it's about that time for a CONFESSION that has been long overdue. =/ I honestly <3 my job and the people around me from my wonderful leads & supervisors, to my co-workers, the prospect agents, the Cinnabon, Starbucks, and California Kitchen Pizza workers, even to Juan the janitor, but most of all the passengers that fly Delta ;-p lol... the few things i can NOT stand are the ignorant

STANDBY/NON REV PASSENGERS

I could go on and on about different situations at work with standby passengers and how they don't know their "limits" as a standby, but i NEED to keep my job hahaha.
Everyone that travels standby and/or non revenue really need to know the definition of STANDBY when traveling. If you don't know let me break it down for you,
STANDBY TRAVEL means these 3 things:

1.) First off, having the opportunity to fly FREE and/or with a discounted price you are
NOT CONFIRMED
on a flight.. you purchased a discounted fare so you're going to fly as a discounted passenger!
lol jk....but for real.

2.) not only are you NOT CONFIRMED on a flight your BAGS AREN'T either.
No matter what priority or seniority you have does not mean your bag is going to travel with that same priority or that your bags are going to be on the plane.... c'mon now we can barely get our "real" passengers bags to their final destination.. haha

3.) Lastly... it is NOT the Delta Agents fault if the flight is full and/or canceled and you can't get on the flight.... sorry bout it- try the next one! LOL

I honestly don't mind standby passengers because I fly standby and I'm blessed to even have these privileges. I wouldn't choose to work anywhere else at this point in my life unless they paid me like some good 6 figure paycheck..... you know what i'm sayin' haha
It's just a little frustrating when people fly standby and swear they have a confirmed seat, their bag will be there,
and it's MY fault that they don't get on a flight.
Just a little FYI for ANYONE that's going fly standby... Please know what comes with flying standby.... the world would be such a better place....
well....the Delta world that is! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment