Monday, April 19, 2010

mY 2nd ATTEMPT

I think i've started the Book of Mormon like 20 times in my life, I practically have 1Nephi, Chapter 1, Verse 1 MEMORIZED haha but I've never actually finished the whole Book of Mormon on my own. I attend the South Jordan 11th YSA ward in the Tongan Stake. Missionary work is one of the top priorities of our ward/stake since we've had our new Stake Presidency. We fasted as a whole stake last week for 3 specific reasons:

**A new building for our Stake that can be able to meet all our needs as a stake.
**An Area Authority to possibly soften their heart to aprove of it.
and
**Missionary Work

Of course whatever the Lords will will be...that's what we will have to deal with, but the feeling that came with fasting and afterwards was amazing, there was no way you could deny it. So far our ward missionaries have been doing awesome. They put out a Book of Mormon Challenge for our ward. Normally I put it aside because I'm still reading in the same spot I have been in fooooorever. LOL Not this time though. I decided to start again after our ward Zone Leaders (Iki Tonga and Nuku Anitoni) came to visit. They had asked us to find those in our life that are in need of the gospel and to start the Book of Mormon challenge. The spirit and conviction they brought that night made me really want to start the B.O.M AGAIN...this time sincerely going thru each verse and studying it.
This time I'm determined to finish on my own... why? Life's been crazy the last few months from having to make some big life decisions on whether to serve a full time mission or get married...unfortunately I AM NOT getting married any time soon, which I don't have too much of a problem with. The mission; I am still debating about. I've always said since I was younger that I wouldn't serve a mission...that I was going to 'enjoy' life and get married. I now know that I honestly CAN NOT "ENJOY" life with striving to live a life the Lord would be pleased with. THERE'S NO WAY!! True happiness truly comes from living life the Lords way. I LOVE IT!

Things never quite go as planned, as I've gotten older and have grown in many ways I've realized tha serving the Lord was something I know I'd love to do. He's pulled me through so many trials and I feel I'd be ungrateful IF i didn't give back to him, whether it be serving a mission or fulfilling a calling in church- either way I'd love both. Just recently (which I am ashamed to say) I've really come to the realization that I'd honestly be nothing with out my Heavenly Father and His gospel. Many judge the gospel on the actions of it's member and I am definitely not going to play Miss Perfect Molly Mormon because I AM NOT... maybe I was Miss Tonga Utah but never Miss Perfecto Molly Mormon LOL. I've done many things in my life 'knowingly' that I do regret as being a member of the LDS faith, but I am glad for what I do know of the gospel and what I am capable of as a member. =) So I believe that this 2nd attempt of finishing it on my own will help me grow in even more ways than I know. It's blessed me in so many ways. It's been a big eye opener as to what I'd like to do with my life and where I am gong with my life at this point. Reading the B.O.M. so far and disecting each verse as to WHY things happened the way it did has made me really think about things in life. I love reading it so far. I have a set schedule now for working out and reading the scriptures in hopes of growing even more spiritually. Something my parents have always taught me is that when I put the Lord first in my life ALL things will fall into place, at first i didn't know exactly what that meant or if i even wanted to sacrifice certain things I loved to actually put the Lord first, but with this I see the difference and I'm happy! I'm loving life and everything now... Like i said I'm determined to finish this book this time. Sorry if this sounds like I'm baring my testimony LOL but it's something I had to share...if you'd like to join me LET ME KNOW!!!




1 comment:

  1. Hi Let*Doll! I miss your muli at work. Glad your back in the blog world. So am I as far as my personal blog goes! Love you

    ReplyDelete