Thursday, July 1, 2010

...no Contest for Artest...?

There is no doubt I come from the biggest Laker fanatic family.
My uncles name their kids after the past and present Laker ALL STARS such as
Magic (Johnson), (James) Worthy,(Kareem Abdul) Jabbar, Kobe (Bryant),
{i myself am waiting to name my son after my man Jerry West}
and my crazy cousin just beat em all by naming his son
LAKeR... yes the actual name. lol

My dad is a big time Laker fan but he's also been a Rockets fan for as long
as I can remember. He tried naming my baby brother Jeffrey
after former Rockets center Hakeem Olajuwon.
Unfortunately and thank goodness
my mother could not even pronounce that so there was no way Jeff was going to have that name.
So he got stuck with my dad's favorite football team (Dolphins)
quaterback Dan [MARINO] lol.

My dad has always been a Laker fan so when Ron Artest left the Rockets to join the Lakers, because he just knew that'd be a definite chance at winning A championship.... lol j/k I just made that up
but isn't it the truth? LoL...
After leaving the Rockets and joining the Lakers my dad was ecstatic.
Therefore this year when the Lakers played in this years NBA championship verse the
Boston Celtics and Artest stepped his game up as a forward a whole 'nother level and to the point where there was
NO CONTEST FOR ARTEST
with his 5 rebounds and 20 points.....ooohhh weeee!!
(not to mention he scored the most during the championship game!!)
my dad repeated over and over again that all he wanted was for Artest to get a ring.
He also made it known that he
wanted an Artest jersey for
Fathers Day!!

Who does that? LoL

As we all know by now, the Lakers defeated the Boston Celtics and won their 16th Ring in a back2back championship.
(AHHHH...what a great night that was)

I was determined to get my daddy his jersey he wanted, but when I got to Fanzz they were clean out of
Laker jerseys. Not cool. Thank goodness the Fanzz employee suggested that I
special order it from L.A. and that's what I did.
  Shipping and handling seemed like it took months but it ended up getting here and
dad absolutely loved it! My dad deserved much more then an Artest jersey because of how awesome he is but He looked like a kid on Christmas morning when he saw the big number 37!! It was priceless.



Happy Fathers Day to my best guy in the whole world!
The one I appreciate, respect, and love like no other-

Once my dad wheres it i'll snap a quick pic and post it!!






No comments:

Post a Comment