Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Jessica Alba, the former Miss Tonga Utah???

No...not me. I wish I were referring to myself as Jessica Alba, but with this Polynesian nose I just don't make that cut Lol..

I'm actually referring to another former Miss Tonga Utah, Eleni Toluta'u-Miss Tonga Utah 2010. The very first time I met Eleni was in Hawaii during my auditions for the Promo team out there. The first thing that came to mind when I saw her was "Jessica Alba" (...just a better looking one lol). In fact her and her sisters could totally pass as Jessica Albas sisters {jeeeeerrrkkss hahaha jk}
Aaaaannyway, you probably have NOT only seen her as she fulfilled her title as Miss Tonga Utah (quite honorably) but also all over a bunch of local photographers websites. Not only does the camera love this girl so much but so does the Tongan community here in Utah. She's done an amazing job the past year as Miss Tonga Utah.


In behalf of the Tongan community, as well as the Pacific Islander community. I wish I could tell every Polynesian I come in contact with that Elenis another [yes, another] reason to be proud to be Polynesian. As part of the Polynesian community here in Utah (or any city with a large community of Polynesians) we're automatically stereotyped, most of the time in a negative way. =(

Well the coolest thing though about Eleni and this title was that she got to "Help Youth Pursue Empowerment/Emancipation" (HYPE movement), as her platform issue for Miss Utah.  Her selfless community service and love for everyone she comes in contact with is phenomenal. She's served a great year and I'm glad she's someone I can catch up with when it comes to the Miss America Organization. It's an honorable title to hold and I commend her for countless hours she's put forward to honor her title.


Liberty Afeaki is the reigning Miss Tonga Utah [as of this past Saturday.] under the direction of the NTAS.
I KNOW Liberty will do fantastic because I've known her for years and know how sweet and humble she is, and know her potential is beyond anything I could ever do. But if I was Liberty I would be a bit intimidated at the fact that I am right after Eleni. haha... she'll do great though. Like I said before, I'm sooooooo glad I was before Eleni, this girl is on point. If you can't already tell I just adore this girl, and know it's all up from here on out!!

Good Luck Miss Eleni!! =)

1 comment:

  1. Leta!!!! You are too sweet!! Thank YOU for paving the way for other Tongan girls to compete in this state pageant! Honestly, I look up to you so much! Being in Miss Utah as a minority IS NOT EASY! However, we both pulled it off (YAY!) I am grateful to have you as a friend and mentor! YOUR THE BEST! OFA ATU!!!!!

    ReplyDelete