Thursday, November 11, 2010

UTE FANS!!

I don't know if it's just me but UTAH UTE [[football fans]] are the craaaaaziest college football fans, I swear. I love it. I've been a Utes fan my whole life, it runs in the blood. Especially because growing up I was always surrounded by Ute football players, because my parents kinda played the "parent" role to many athletes that came from out of town. So it's always been fun to get into the whole 'college football' spirit as the years come and go.
In 2008 after buying season passes for the games, I had the chance to go to the Sugar Bowl when Utah played Alabama.
{{we also went UNDEFEATED that year}}
I was shocked at how many fans came out to support the Utes there in New Orleans. It was an awesome experience and the boys played great. but what was even better was that we won after we were expected to lose. It was great...especially because personally, the Mountain West gets ZERO respect. That drives me nuts... BOOOOOOO to everyone who puts the Mountain West down.
Dad and I supporting our FORMER utes (dolphins game)
This year has also been great....all the way up to last weeks game against TCU. (i just about died lol) As tough as it was to lose as bad as we did, our Ute fans stay loyal as heck. Any true fan would do the same I'm sure, but I love how proud these fans are walking around the airport while I'm working all decked out in their Utah gear. Almost every flight out that way is packed with Ute fans making their way to the Notre Dame game. It's great to see that whether we lose or win our fans are more than willing to go out and support our team. With fans like ours, I have no worries.I mean we won't be playing in any BCS bowls, or even win the Mountain West title, but knowing we have a state full of people that can back up our team sets a pretty comfortable sense of security and makes me so proud to be a UTE fan!!! =)

Lets go Utes... Lets enjoy the last few games in the Mountain West.... cuz next year... its oooonnn!! !=)

1 comment:

  1. Loved this post Leta!! I too, and a H-U-G-E UTE fan...always have been, always will be! That TCU game was a piece of humble pie for all of us....but like you said we still love and rep our UTES!! So glad their going to the PAC 12....maybe they'll finally get some of the respect they deserve!! Whoo-hoo! :)

    ReplyDelete