Saturday, January 29, 2011

...ShOuT oUt SaTuRdAy...

This is a shout out to all the Unaccompanied Minors parents.
Random, I know,
but there's a point to this, I promise.haha...

So I never knew so many kids flew back and forth between their split parents until I worked for Delta. I've checked in a ton of unaccompanied minors (children under the age of 15 travelling alone) while I've been here. The check in process goes something like this: The parent checks em in, fills out paperwork for the kid with who will be picking them up at their final destination, pays the $100 fee (for us basically babysitting the kid and getting them to their final destination), the parent's given a security pass to take the kid to the gate, checks in with the gate agent, sits there til the plane is off the ground, at the final destination the other parent receiving the kid checks in at the ticket counter, given a security pass to pick up the kid at the gate, checks in with the gate agent once the flight attendant hands them the kid, the gate agent then looks over all the paperwork and verifies that that parent (or person) is who's suppose to be picking up the kid, signs them off....and the releases the kid.....whew....did ya get all that? lol..




The point of my story is that although things didn't work out between the to two, these parents spend so much money and time sending their kids back and forth to each other just to be fair and  be apart of their kids life, hopefully not making the kid ever feel that they are a burden or the reason for their separation.... ehhh I don't know the story, but hope ya get the drift. lol

But I hadn't noticed it until lastnight when I was working a flight and had a guy ask me if the flight coming in was the flight from Houston. I answered yes, and he told me he was waiting for his kids. His kids had finally gotten off with the flight attendant and between me verifying his i.d. and signing paperwork off I noticed the excitment on both his face and his kids faces. It was priceless. I don't know how long the time had been since they had seen each other but it sure made my heart melt just seeing the excitement on their faces.I'm grateful my parents have always been together and made it work. I don't know what I'd do or the way I'd handle things if I were in that situation but I do admire those that can hold it together.... so shout out to those parents making the effort to make their kids feel they were never separated.
You're the bomb.com!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment