Thursday, March 31, 2011

[throwback thursday: Laughing Samoans]


Almost 10 years ago upon one of my many many visits to Hawaii my uncle Pulefano Galea'i played this video of these Samoan comedians out of New Zealand; The Laughing Samoans. It was my first time ever seeing Samoan comedians so it was kind of weird but they were hilarious, so it was all good.
Next thing I knew Uncle Pule called my parents that he was bringing them to the mainland and needed my parents to set up a few things for him.
My parents along with Uncle Pule and his elves (Tagimalie,Sala,and Fano LOL) set a whole tour up for them . Their first time to Utah was in November of 2006
(I only remember because it was around the same time Shawn and I had just became offiicial haha WTH right? lol)
The show was held at Granger High Schools beeeeautiful auditorium lol, and was packed!!!
A week later my dad and I flew down to L.A. for their show where i had to perform.  
It was quite an experience to have Tofiga and Ete here for that short time. They got to see a lot of sites here in Utah, they toured the University of Utah and hung out with the football team, dinner every night with them was always fun [even if I had to sing "when someone cares" at Sizzlers LOL], it was just fun to have em here.
They truly are amazing, genuine, and hilllaaarrrious men who are exactly the same when they aren't in 'character'. I'm grateful that Uncle Pule brought the "Laughing Samoans" down and had my family be a part of their tour. Now that they're here almost every year for shows it makes me happy to know that I was a part of their first tour here.....YAY FOR ME! LOL And it's always a pleasure to see them and see how
well they are doing. Their material gets better and better....

Two years later when I was attending SLCC, SLCCs poly club hosted them. And my band at the time were the opening act. hahahaha...It was great to see them and catch up. The show was also a success and so has every show after that....

No comments:

Post a Comment