Monday, June 13, 2011

[MUSIC]

Well....I love to sing. period.
I have been singing for as long as I can remember. I guess everyone has been singing for as long as they can remember lol, but I guess for me I mean forced to sing. My first memory of singing in front of an actual audience was my uncle Ofas wedding about 20 years ago. I sang 'Shower Me With Your Love' (by Surface).
Probably off key and all...but I do remember practicing for it and I often remember me singing there.
Since then, I've  been singing. About 10 years ago I began singing with my dad and his band. 
And I've loved every moment of it. Singing with my dad and uncles I've gotten the opportunity to spend time with them, travel with them on jobs, learn from them and their experiences with music, learn how to deal with different types of crowds, and most importantly learn and appreciate ALL types of music form oldies to rock'n'roll, from reggae to country, and much more.... and I'm grateful for that. I like to consider myself one the LUCKIEST nieces because all the time I get with these fellas and for what they've taught me.

I always wanted to do more with music but always figured IF i didn't I was satisfied with myself. For sharing my talent playing with my dad's band and also singing in church. For me, I was okay with that. But just in the past year or so my interest in music has definitely broadened. I have a different desire for music now (finally at the age of 24...so sad lol) and I am all for taking it as far as I can.....and more. I also think a lot of the reason why I didn't do much with it either before was because I doubted myself. I doubted myself in writing (even though i STILL think a lot of stuff I do write is retarded and doesn't make sense lol), I doubted myself in what I would be able to do, and I doubted those who would be working with me. =/ Sad story, I know. Well it took a lot of....let's just say, ISSUES and heartache to make me realize that music seriously is what soothes my soul. It's what I can truly go deep with and still be so comfortable no matter what I'm going through. =) I LOVE IT. 

Anyway, on with the blog...hahaha... I don't know what I've been doing right but for some crazy reason I've been given so many opportunities to take my music to a whole different level. The folks I've been working with are amazingly talented and I honestly thank God they came into my life at this time. I don't want to be shouting out any names but I trust them with all my heart and am willing to work my hardest with all this. I'm super stoked to see where this all ends up in the next year or so (maybe even 5 years...yikes i'll be close to 30).....and if it's just as far as recording...I'm good with that too. But I'm staying focused and am staying postive about it all. I have so much to do before I actually settle down and this is definitely one of them.And boy am I glad my father forced me to sing when I was 4.... =)

No comments:

Post a Comment