Thursday, June 2, 2011

[outta the blue]

I had to blog about today just because it was an "outta the blue" day... I've been complaining so much to Shawn about everything that hasn't been going right.....meaning "MY WAY" and the poor guy just sits there and lets me vent....and vent....complain.....and complain....and vent some more. lol. My friends always tell me I'm a witch to him but it's okay, secretly I think he likes it. LOL j/k. Anyway, so with all my complaining within the past 2 weeks things weren't going very well so I decided that THIS week I'd try {keyword: TRY} my hardest to not complain, or at least ease up on my complaining to him. And to my surprise it actually has turned out great. Shawn doesn't know {or maybe he does notice, I dunno} but every time I feel like screaming at the top of my lungs because something isn't "MY WAY" whether it's with Shawn and I, or my friends, or family I sit back..think.......and then either compromise OR...let it go. I love it, it's totally making everything a bit easier and manageable with us. =) It's been great because it has allowed me to focus on more important things instead of focusing on why things didn't go "MY WAY".

Like today for example....

I woke up around 10, which is seriously so late for me. Mind you, I'm on vacation from work. I took my vacation week this week because I knew family would all be in for Frankies graduation and I didn't want to miss any of them....so that's why I'm sleeping in and ENJOYING. EVERY. SECOND! Anywho- I slept in, got up....so thankful my girls are here to do my hair. It seriously just makes life easier when you have so much hair and you have someone there to do it for you. if you ask me...so far vacations great!!! haha.. My cousin Ou from Oakland, CA is here she died my hair lastnight at midnight (poor thing) and my other cousin Ashley from Hawaii straightened it today. She's probably secretly complaining because she's been straightening it since she's arrived....and anyone that knows my hair knows these nappy roots ain't easy to deal with. So thanks to my girls for spoiling me ;)

I was able to run a few errands today, which is always nice to get out of the way. After the errands I ended up back at home with Pili {i love ending up at home with just him....one on one time w/this little guy is always priceless}. i asked him what he wanted to do and he said he wanted ice cream. I wanted to walk. I was so bloated last week all I've been wanting to do is work out. Now....that rarely happens because for me, self motivation to work out just never seems to happen. So I wanted to take Pili for a walk. After about an hour of arguing about what we were going to do we finally decided that I would treat him to ice cream at Leatherbys (the BEST creamery in town) only IF he would walk with me there. LOL... My poor Pili didn't know how far the walk would be....but we did it. I was so proud of him.

As soon as we (Pili and I dragged uncle Frank with us) got into Leatherbys he already knew what he wanted. His BLT sandwhich with chips and what seemed like a mini Amy Hot Fudge Brownie. While we were there I got a phone call from my mom that she, ou, and Ashley were going to meet us there. Will and Lusi also showed up....haha so it was basically another family outing. Everyone was so impressed with how far Pili had walked just for ice cream. Fattys...I swear. hahaha It was all worth it. See....


It was so yummy.
We didn't end up walking back because I had to play taxi. =/ As soon as we got home I did all my laundry {i never do aaall my laundry in one day} so that is really good for me, I honestly don't even know how mothers do it. sheesh... I got dressed and headed out to Rugby. YES RUGBY. What the heck man... I never imagined that I'd ever go to one of these practices but my friend Mele invited me to come run with her rugby team. that was probably her way of saying "Leta....you are getting fat, come run!" lol... So I went today to just go run with them ONLY BECAUSE my cousins run the practice and so if I was hanging ugly, I wouldn't mind too much. LOL.. so I went and maaaaann I about died. Well, not so much me but my thighs, butt, and eeeverything below my waist was straight killin me, I couldn't even stand up. OH EM GEE..... hahaha My cousin Meti was a real sweet heart about not forcing me to do the runs or drills but I sure as hell felt like crap. haha.. I was so embarrased because normally I'm on top of things at any practice....or running drills in that matter. Ugh... I was so disguisted with myself. So there's my motivation to getting fit.... Thank You Pink Panthers. And maybe if I get in shape and quit being a chicken I may just play with these gals. =) I dunno... I still prefer dancing haha...

I got to visit my old neighborhood because I had to pick up Frankie. I got to visit a little with a family in whom we had grown up with. They were our family in our family ward (The Johnsons). I loved visiting with them the short time we did. It was seriously like no time had passed.

Frankies package came in today from Melia. Melia is seriously like my baby sister. Kinda like, if ANYONE messes with her I'll kill em kind of relationship. We've always been there for each other and even though she lives all the way out in Pittsburgh we're so close at heart and are always there for each other. She couldn't make it out to Frankies grad this weekend. {{insert SAD SAD face}} Frankie, Melia, and I have been so bummed. We seriously feel so complete when Melias here, so not having her come kinda pissed me off at first....then it made me sad....and i'm still sad. Frankie feels the same way...or should I say...FELT the same way, until today. Her shoes came in. Melia has this shoe fetish with designing her own Nikes online. Well she designed some Nikes for Frankie and the package couldn't have come at a better time. Frankie (along with the rest of us here) have fallen in love with the shoes....



What topped off the night was that after our walk to Leatherbys, a good sweat at Rugby, visiting old friends in the old 'hood ;p, and Frankie finally getting over being bummed we walked into our Florida family here. I love seeing family from afar. They came and brought Frankie's dress my aunt sewed her..... (pictures will follow soon). My aunt Laven is aaaamamamamaaaazing at sewing. Frankies dress is beeeautiful. I'm a tad bit jealous, but not for long because now i'm putting in my order with Aunty Laven as soon as i lose weight. ;p LOL...

oh yeah...not to mention these fellaz visited today.

Having the missionaries over is always lovely...they always seem to set the spirit the home needs at that time.

I know this was a long post but it had to be done. I honestly need more productive "outta the blue" days like this. I dunno maybe it's just productive because I have so much time on my hands. Or maybe I'm just noticing all the small simple things that really do mean a lot to me like how "my way" isn't always the right way, walking to get ice cream isn't that bad, if DYING at rugby is my motivation to get this toosh in shape-then so be it lol, and lastly I seriously have such an amazing family that supports me and loves me in all I do, whether they think it's best for me or not. If you ask me my vacation couldn't be getting any better than this...... Life is great yall!!!

1 comment:

  1. excuse me! i didnt invite you because i was hinting at something! i invited you so you can JOIN! hahahaa if you couldnt tell our girls have a hard time making it to practice! it was fun.

    ReplyDelete