Wednesday, August 24, 2011

[Project FASHION show]

Just when i think i know 'enough' about fashion........i step into Mandalay Bay for The Project Show (sister partnership with the Magic Show at Las Vegas Convention Center that I'll be attending in a few hours because it's already 4:20am and I just couldn't hold on to this blog any longer), and in every aspect i am proven veeeerrry wrong. No one can ever know enough about fashion because of its constant changes.

Every brand. Every style. Anything and everything you can think of...Projects got it. Designers from all over the country and world bringing everything to life on a whole different level. Covering Men, Women, Mixed, Swimwear, Accessories and shoes....tons and tons of shoes!! :)
Womens wear and shoes have always been MY thing, but after my Project experience today I have fallen in love with Mens Apparel. I absolutely loved everything I saw today from winter to sports clothing, shoes, hats, eye wear to just plain t-shirts and jeans.... I loved em all. Just like women, there are men that 'can' dress.....and then there are men that 'can' assemble and accessorize their 'fits when they dress, and when they can do that......mmmmmmm mmmmmmm mmmmmmm!! Hahaha and that's exactly what I found in this particular....upcoming brand.




A partnership line of Pharrell and Jay-Z based out of New York City of course, with about 30 stores around the country. It's ivy league slash prep style is sizzlin hot, and caught my eye instantly. As I met and talked to designer Jos-C (i think that was his name haha his style definitely threw me off writing my notes I forgot to actually write his name down hahaha who does that??) he introduced me to the line and the inspiration behind it. Very fresh apparel for men that i can definitely see becoming much bigger than it's name, billionaire boys club. Kind of a mixture of pharrell and kanye wests urban style.

Through this humongous fashion event and convention Project brings, tons of things have caught my eye. Different styles, different ways to assemble your outfits with a variety of accessories that diversifies it all. For me, That's what makes style....diversity. I love the way many designers here assemble their clothing. Pulling from this and that, and making a masterpiece out of what they have. I'm pretty positive that's what I've learned the most here....that it's okay to be different in style. Everyone has their own. I'm excited to play with what I've got, to find out my own style. I find it intriguing  that those that can do it, stick to it, and do it with boldness are very confident. And confidence is SEXY! But besides being bold and confident it brings out trends and most of all, beauty. So thank you to all the extremely talented designers, artists, traders, and buyers who've shared their style and fashion today it's been an incredible experience...not to mention the fashion show was on point watching FRONT ROW and VIP was just lovely!! ;)




thanks to thewhatitdo.com for allowing me to cover it :)
ahhh life is good

1 comment:

  1. Hi Leta! Not to be all stalkerish (lol) but I saw your blog after reading Robyn's! What an amazing post! I see you're deep in some VERY COOL adventures right now...good for you! Just wanted to say hi and congrats on all your success! :)

    ReplyDelete