Thursday, October 6, 2011

[5 days in to Oct, and already all this? ]

If you live in Utah....or if you're LDS you know General conference weekends (Oct/Apr) are always ON & POPPIN' in the 801!! There are tons of conference events going on that are really fun....clean fun that is!!!! ;) This past weekend I had the opportunity to attend a few functions and enjoyed myself at ALL OF THEM!!!!!! (hence all my exclamation points!! haha) My conference weekend started a bit early. I've picked up on my music the past month and a half and was finally able to hit the studio last Wednesday. So I was singing every night since then whether in the studio, home practicing, band practice, performing, or singing for the sick- by Sunday evening I could not even reach my notes haha.....not cool. If you know me, you know that THE most depressing times in my life is when I lose my voice, I feel helpless in something I KNOW I can do. Anyway before I just keep blabbering on and on......which is a problem of mine, I'm just going to post pics and hopefully you can get a hint of what my weekend was like out here.


 Played w/my dad's band for the CCWS Alumni Reunion (a.k.a. Pesega Reunion) downtown.
If you're tongan, it's very similar to our Kolistutuku (however the heck you spell that lol), but Samoan.
It was beautiful and so much fun.
There was a lot of

....fashion show & dancing....

 ......EATING.....


...entertainment...

 ....singing....



Later that night I sang w/Josh Wawa @ Suave
check it out on Thurs & Fri's. 
It's the Main Floor at the Bay
{josh and my girlie Taylor Vaifanua}



Cheered for our UTES, even though we lost. I don't know who played on Saturday but it definitely wasn't the Utes. I have NO IDEA where our boys were because they weren't on the field. haha....
We SHOULD HAVE beat Washington. They're not even that good- BYU's better. ugh.... don't get me started. haha Anyway, it was still fun.......if you can't tell on mine and Fatboys faces. ;)
I swear.....there is NEVER a dull moment w/this boy. He's adorable and every reason why being an Aunty is the BEST!



....and of course cheered for my NEWEST, MOST FAVE BAND....
at the King Invasion in Provo, hosted by the HOTTEST promoter here in the 801.
Kulture Shock
..what ya know bout that ALL ACCESS pass???.. 
hahaha
 
I was so excited to meet up with one of our writers Greg (G-Writer). He had to write up an article on the concert, that you can find here. Common Kings are So Cal natives and since TheWhatItDo is out of L.A. we've linked up w/the CK's many times......they're just like fam. So seeing them on any occasion is always a pleasure and like a small reunion. I'm so big on stage personality...and that's what I love about these guys the MOST. They rock it onstage, and off stage....they seriously are the most chill people. 
Anywho, I can go on and on about em, but I won't. haha. I do got mad love for them though and NEVER do I get tired of watching them perform. =)



I was suppose to fly out to San Diego for the Dolphins and Chargers game on Sunday. 
I know....what was I thinking right? haha Well that's what my plan was. Then, Shawn asked me after the concert if I didn't end up going to the game in San Diego, if he could pick me up to go to GC. Psssh... I was like "WHAT GAME?!" haha it wasn't even a question. I happily missed my flight (and the game, and good seats, and field passes.........not complainging though lol) and attended conference with him. 
It was amazing, like I said in this post. 




After conference I headed to the hospital to sing for one of my really good friends (Bella) who had been in a terrible car accident just last week. =( And as hard as it was to see her lying there in bed I was happy to be following the inspiration from Presiden Eyrings talk earlier that day about charity. We sang our first song (I Know Heavenly Father Loves Me), and couldn't even get through it with out crying. The spirit felt that day was overwhelming and I loved every moment of it. I know Bellas in pain, but this didn't bring her down one bit, she's still the same silly, uplifting Bella we all know. 



It sure was a crazy weekend. But crazy or not it reassured me that GOD IS SO GOOD! The saying "when it rains...it pours." is just a small amount of what I witnessed this past weekend w/everything going on around me. He bleses hard and loves unconditional. I'm forever grateful for that and all that I do have. 

Hope everyone has just an amazing week as I did. 
XoXo






No comments:

Post a Comment