Thursday, October 6, 2011

[ Nifty Thrifty & Fall Fashion HOW TO WEAR ]

Okay, honestly I don't like the cold weather that comes with fall.
If it was up to me Utah would have nice So Cal weather 
(that's probably why I'm always trying to sneak off to L.A. or O.C.- weathers perfect)
But I sure love fall holidays, activities and most of all FASHION. 
Everything about fall fashion that is.
The colors, style, accesories, hair, everything.....
thanks to a friend of mine who gave me the bright idea of sharing what I love about fall fashion.


....sequins....knee boots....

...cropped "old man" jackets.....furry vests......fun messy buns....

....oversized knit sweaters.....statement jewelry.....high brown boots.....MUSTARD color.....

....red lipstick....checkered/plaid shirts.....infinity scarves....warm CARDIGANS.....

I should've picked up some overtime hours but instead I'm on journey to find some fall fashion. This time a little different though. Instead of heading toF21 @ Gateway, I'll be heading the thrift store. 


How To Wear:
 HIGH WAISTED TROUSERS
[this is me, w/my big hips haha]
pair em with a slouched shirt, high pumps, belt, and infinity scarf.



RED PANTS:
pair em with dark/dull striped tops, statement necklace, and wedges. 
simply classic!




JEGGINGS:
pair w/oversize shirt/blouse/sweater, skinny belt, knee high boots (pref flat?)





 Now  I'm not too big of a fan of corduroys but hey....this isn't too bad to chill in. 

Corduroy:
fitted stripes, vest, flats, and a cute high messy bun.





There ya have it. Isn't fall fashion the shiz....best thing about it is, you can seriously find a lot of these items at thrift stores. 
Funny story.... when I was younger we'd get our clothes from thrift stores. We weren't rich so we did with what we had right? RIGHT! Back then I'd be shame to tell anyone where I got my outfit ((yes, because it was cute.....and yes I wouldn't admit it because I was cheeky haha)). But now that I think about it, I'm glad that I was actually able to shop there it gave me some kind of taste in clothes because I HAD TO assemble clothes to make em look hot in order to rock em. haha Funny story #2- a while back Shawn and I were having a convo about how we dressed when we were younger. I told him "I totally use to get my clothes from thrift stores..." He was really surprised and said that when they were younger in Cali, any time their mom would buy them shoes from Payless him and Matt would cry and ask for Nikes. LOL who does that?? And then...they're mom would get em. I was like "REALLY??.......slap yourself!" lol. 
I told him "yeah....Tangi and I weren't like that, we had style and figured out how to dress whether it was from the thrift store or Express!" ;) haha 

I just think it's so funny, that although my parents probably didn't know it, shopping at a Thrift Store really humbled me and taught me how to assemble and accesorize my own wardrobe. And that's what I enjoy the most about fall is that it brings back a lot of vintage and saves me money by being 'thrifty'.

hopefully I can find something on my journey today.....if i do and their worth sharing, I totally will share it! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment