Monday, October 10, 2011

[ pushin' for the GOOD ]


Time sure flies. This week has come and has gone so quickly, I can't believe it. Thus far, it's been pretty good. Things get better by the days- thanks to much prayer and fasting. =)
My family thought we'd switch up our FHE (since most of em end up talking about shawn and I lol), so we headed to Little Cottonwood Canyon. Which in fact has such a special place in my heart now, knowing that 7 prophets have blessed it. Tons of Granite has come from Little Cottonwood Canyon in behalf of building temples. Awesome right??

If I had one word to describe that evening and nature all around us it'd definitely be
BEAUTIFUL!
The picture above was the pathway/road from our campsite. I can't get over the different fall colors. Just gorgeous. I love em.
So Jeffrey right? haha
Me and My Baby Name Sake =)
My FAVORITE guitarist
umm..don't know how to rotate this pic, so sorry you have to break your neck lookin at this. haha
.: blessed w/the best sisters :.

Being with just my family, I think is what I needed. It made me appreciate em more. Right behind our little campsite was a beautiful waterfall stream so of course like fobs we hopped on the rocks and took pictures. haha.. Set up the fire, roasted hot dogs, smores, hot chocolate, had our lesson, jammed, enjoyed each others company [with NO worries], and just appreciated what the good Lord's blessed us with. Being out in nature always reassures and denotes that there is living God and he's the creator of ALL things. =)


Tuesday, my gf Leah and I decided that we wanted to go to a haunted house- so we planned on going together, just us since we hadn't hung out in forever. (work doesn't count either... haha)
So before we left Shawn called that he had finished study hall early so he and another friend of ours joined us. Which was nice cuz then Leah and I didn't have to pay for ourselves. haha.. We went to Nightmare on 13th. It was aiiiight. I swear Shawn and Smoke were more scared than me and Leah. LOL. Ended our night at McDeez where they ALWAYS mess up our order....and called it a night.
Good, Clean Fun is always nice right?! =)


INSTITUTE....
....has been such a blessing since I began taking it (again). This time things are much clearer and make a lot more sense than 4 years ago. We're studying the New Testament and my teacher seriously is the BOMB.COM! I mean not that he is THE MOST  musically talented teacher I have EVER had, but he also arranges A LOT of the churches music. I'm just honored to know the guy.
I leave there every time w/a stronger testimony of Jesus Christ from His time on earth to his crucifiction than I did when I walked in. Institute truly edifies the soul and motivates me to want to do better. It's so easy to soak up all the teaching I hear at church, general conference, and even institute....but actually applying it to my life- now that's a struggle in itself. haha... but I'm getting better at the moment. Just grateful that institutes just one more thing that's PUSHIN' me to do better. 





UTES

Cheered our Utes on verse Arizona State University. 


it was a sore loss....but we still had fun while freezing our okoles off. 


...win or lose, still love our boys...




Lastly,

Remember our GOTCHA game?
Well, after many attempts of my killer waiting outside of my house, [thinking] they were following me to work, and even being in my house waiting for me, they never killed me...instead he got killed. hahaha My guy/target (johnny mahe) goes to school out at Snow and I wasn't about to drive out there just to kill him, so he's still alive. LOL. 
Last night, after the Utes game I got a text from my gf that my cousin Meti had me and was full on harassing her to find me....lol poor Mele! Glad she's always got my back. =). But now knowing that Meti had me (because he had killed 3 people the day before, had BAD written all over it. So I cautiously made my way home, shawn walked me in to make sure I didn't get killed (because he was small kine irritated w/the game but knew how big of a deal it was to me lol,)  and no one was secretly hiding in my bushes lol (ridiculous, I know), after realizing no one was home I called my sister to see where they were. When she told me she was at Dee's w/a friend,thinking of curly cheese fries totally distracted me and threw me off guard of the whole game and  I jumped in the car and went over {FAT, i know lol}.
Anyway, long story short- Meti and his "set up" crew coincidently drove by, saw my jacket and turned around to reassure it was me. I walked out....Meti got out of the car and I took off running. While we ran towards the on coming traffic on 4700 South I jumped back into the parking lot area and freakin biff'd it. Yes, as in ate the gravel. LOL I swear it was THE UGLIEST fall ever in the history of falls. And I'm pretty sure Hameti can attest to that lol... As Meti ran over to help me up- I begged him not to kill me. hahaha... I know, who does that?? Instead of worrying about killing me, he was making sure I was okay (what a gentleman right?..... even though I was still so mad he had caught me haha). I got up and he squirted me with his water...................................and I died. LOL. 
I don't know what I was thinking trying to out run this rugby player cousin of mine. HAHA.. but hey- atleast I fought for my life right??? hahahaha...

The effects of me fighting for my life???


these pictures don't even do justice. I now have scratches and bruises up my arms and shoulders. Bandaged/bloody hands, scraped up....deep cuts on my knee, a ripped jacket, and messed up boots. I mean, not to mention that was my favorite jacket and favorite pair of boots for fall. lol... my gosh.  The thing that pissed me off the most was... I didn't even get to kill Johnny and I got killed. UGH- how annoying. All in all though, it was fun. Now I'll just be in pain for the next week and I'll have ugly scar marks on my knee. 
But hey, at least I'll always remember the GOTCHA game- and the purpose of 'Always Being on Your Guard' in this crazy world. You never know who's out to get you [even your own cousins] and people you {THOUGHT} had your back. There are always those that are out to get you in any way, so being cautious in all situations is always a good thing. I am one who tends to let my guard down {especially when it comes to cheese fries ;)} and then I become gullible and I end up trusting everyone......not so good. haha I hate that I do that- because when I do get screwed over {or scraped up from shoulder to toes} I then REMEMBER, I should've known.  What a great reminder though, this game was.

Like I said earlier....this week has been a good one. Life's been fair, I love the people in it, so why not share it and blog about it right?! I'm ready for another week of pushin' for the GOOD!

Happy Monday bloggers
XoXo

1 comment:

  1. wow love the update! so many great happs :) besides your fall! hoi, but you still look good in those scratches and bruises! lol. love your busy life girl!

    ReplyDelete