Thursday, December 15, 2011

[where did November go? ]

I seemed to have had a writers block in the month of November- NO, not because my life is boring, I just haven't felt like updating...................................... ;p

One thing that made me proud of myself in November was that I actually got my VT done at the beginning of the month rather than procrastinatin (like I do every month) to get it done. We visited our sisters and so glad we did. They're amazing and glad our message touched their lives. I love my girls and my partner to the max!!

I had a show in Memphis a few weeks into Nov. It was for some Hawaii Broadcasting show funded by PBS. It was pretty cool. Our hotels for shows are always really sweet. We got to stay at this town house owned by Peabody and it was so pretty & nice. Very vintage-ish...and slave-ish, but nice. Shawn and I had watched Paranormal Activity back in October. Now...I like scary movies, but movies like that and the Exorcist..... I can't do. I can't stand them. I hate enticing the evil spirit (only because its REAL) and I don't feel its smart (once again, only, because it's REAL). anyway, the master bedroom that Frankie and I stayed in was excactly like the one in Paranormal Activity. hahaha... so i was freaked out and refused to go to bed until Frankie was ready, and that alone took fooooorever. haha Anyway, show was fun. We only had to do 2 15 minute sets. One was a tahitian otea........can you say "OUT OF SHAPE!" my goodness I was dying to say the least. I hadn't danced forever before that show and I didn't even work out before the show even though I knew months ago I had it. So yeah...i pretty much died- and it felt good.


I got sick shortly after I returned from Memphis. Just as I was getting over being sick it hit the 23rd, which meant it was Tangi and Sias birthday (uh oh! NO SLEEP).
 
I was sure their husbands had things planned (since its their duty hah) so I had just planned on takin them to dinner or something. That night was also Finns concert. By the time the 23rd came around and I talked to the girls....they weren't up to do much (boring moms right? ;p). I'm not to sure what Sia ended up doing after I talked to her but I'm sure she did something w/her cute little boys and Dall. I headed over to Tangis where we just stayed in for the night. Turned out to be a really fun night w/just us girls (including Sega, Sina, Dawn, and Kim, and all the kids haha) Just doing hair (typical), make up for the little girls, listening to LOUD music, eating LOTS and LOTS of delicious fattening cake, pizza, etc... 
 We had a good time......so good- there are NO pictures. haha  But yeah...Happy Birthday to Tangiofameimoanalua Ioana Leinaala Atiga Asiata and Telesia Passionella Koloti Tupa. I love these ladies to no end, and so very grateful for the blessings they are in imy life....even though they get on my nerves at times. ;)



No sleep followed Tangiofas birthday night. I worked Thanksgiving morning. (BOOOO!) but lucky for me they sent me home early. =) Thanksgiving was sweeeeet! Once again, mom went all out and dinner was the bomb.com!!! We had everything from Turkey, glazed ham, ota, bbq meatballs, coconut shrimp, stuffing, lupulu, lu sipi, fa'alifu kalo and banana, chop suey, salads, variety of deserts, not to mention Ashleys first Chocolate Dobash cake. haha. I couldn't eat it because I was so full. So intoxicated [by food] I was sick. After we ate, I watched Lady Gaga's special on tv. Oh Em Gee.... she is amazing. I love her voice and her style. My thooughts of her being a freak a zoid all disappeared until I saw her pictures as a child....she was a weirdo back then to, so i guess being what we all call "normal" is actually NOT her comfort zone. it all works out for her though.... =)

During the month of November I became even more addicted to Pinterest and I seriously think i pin way too much....but who cares my followers like em. ;)

Shawn played his LAST game of college football at the University of Utah, November 25th. It was a bittersweet game; happy for his progression through the years and excited for what the future holds for him....whatever it may be, but also sad because the U's been nothing but wonderful to him. His coaches have been phenomenal, to say the least. I seriously LOVE EM and the whole Utah program! 
Unfortunately we lost against Colorado (the WORST team in the Pac 12)...shame right? haha. and now we're playing in a "not so fun" bowl game. Seriously...who goes to El Paso for fun. I wish it was Vegas..... last years bowl game was sooooo the business. I would've loved to be there for the bowl game AND new years this year.


Okay, well I guess my life really isn't that exciting, but I do stay busy and enjoy the small moments and memories I do make. November was kind....the end of the month hurt like a mother- but glad I've got a great family that helped me get through it.

To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment