Tuesday, February 21, 2012

[ 2012 Valentines ]

I love Valentines.... I don't know if i'm the only girl that 'expects' much more on Valentines than any other holiday, but for some odd reason I do, which is kinda weird because Shawn isn't your typical romance-kinda-guy lol. But I must admit that he makes up for it all. year. long. constantly doing spontaneous acts of kindness and is the sweetest guy with the biggest heart.....literally (most of our disagreements are followed by him being too nice)

Anyway, this year for some reason was different than any other year. We both knew I had to be in Vegas for the Rugby 7's tournament held the weekend right before Vday, and Shawn had planned on going anyway- so we pretty much decided we'd celebrate our Vday in Vegas. Between running errands and doing interviews Shawn and I.....Marquez, Tangi, and Matt all spent a pretty fair amount of time together. It was a blast. Shawn just kept telling me before the trip not to worry about anything he had it all covered. LOL... I was a bit nervous and hesitant because normally I'm the shot calluh and decision maker haha but the whole trip overall I was straight 'crrruuuiiisssin' and I loved it.....I so deserved it anyway right? ;) lol jk.... Towards the end of the trip I felt bad for my poor guys wallet =/ but hey, he told me not to worry right? ;) 

Here are just a few photos I snapped while in ViVa =)


-the Outlets seriously was our first stop-


-Thursday night, kicked off w/the PolySwagg Health Awareness concert @ South Point-
PolySwaggs VIP treatment was off the chain.... Big Ups to them and especially Baroque Events who was in charge of VIP, it was awesome!!
We saw Tribal Theory, Zhen, Met Hot Hula creator and instructor Anna-Rita Sloss, Interviews went great, and met Hon. Salote and Hon. Virginia for the first time- 


Friday:
Good Morning Las Vegas!


We wasted NO TIME!



 Up early with my crew for interviews w/Paul (founder/owner of the Paul Soliai Foundation & #96 Nose Tackle for Miami Dolphins) and Ali Campbell (Lead singer of UB40 & Headliner for Kulture Shock/Paul Soliai Foundation concert) & Luncheon w/Ali Campbell....who also happens to be the sweetest man, glad I got my hug in when I met him haha. (that wasn't nervy right?), the PSF and Kulture Shock Group. I love these guys and have so much respect for them..


-after interviews, eating a ton, and shopping a little we headed to Las Vegas Athletic Club for our Hot Hula Segment w/Anna-Rita. 



Can I just say.... AMAZING, and I'm dying to become a Hot Hula instructor after this.... haha 
Really though. 
Check out the segment here =)
Anna-Rita and her crew were such sweethearts even though I was full on hangin' trynna act like I wasn't dying. lol.... oh man, I miss the dancing days of a nice toned body. 

Later Friday....we kinda just played andHung out with good friends, not to mention THE COOLEST Asians on this planet. Tons of fun was our priority and that's exactly what we did....that's what Vegas is all about anyway right?? ;) Of course through out the night I failed to catch any pictures which I'm kinda bummed 'cause I wore my new outfit and we were looking all kindza good.... ;p haha


Saturday:
OH EM GEE! 
Probably one of the busiest days of my life.
Had a last minute meeting with my crew....I swear we should never have meetings at restaurants, we eat so much. 
this is my quesadilla i ordered, not joking, each piece was a size of a big burger. We had our meeting at The All American Restaurant downstairs of The Rio....the size of their food explains why so many Americans are obese. hoooii

Due to some craziness in Vegas our whole agenda for Saturday night (which happened to be the busiest BIGGEST night in Vegas during the 7s) CHANGED =/ but we managed to get it all under control.
We went to the Rugby field for some interviews (check it out here)


Ended up back at Planet Hollywood for last minute running around and got a little carried away in the mall there... haha. Ended up shopping and left me no time to get ready for the Ali Campbell concert that evening. BOOO! =(  Once again, grateful for Shawns help I was able to make it to the concert in time for everything I needed to do with out looking like hot mess. The concert was a BLAST!! From B.E.T. to Spawnbreezie to Common Kings, and Ali Campbell.... OH EM GEE. They all did such a fantastic job. 


-with Spawn and Aggz-



-CK-


-this guy STILL GOT IT-
Ali Campbell did amamamaaaazing =)



Not bad huh?! =)
Check out the concert HERE! =)
Hon. Fredrica Tuita and yours truly backstage

J.R** tRoY** MaTa

Between all the running back and forth from backstage to the front I somehow ran into this guy outside and snapped this picture. Long story short... J.R. (on the Left) is lucky I happen to just love him and the Common Kings that I took his pic instead of making him take mine since it was originally Me, Troy, and Mata... hahaha. 

The great thing I loved about the concert was that there were so many athletes there that came out and mingled with the crowd, it was awesome to witness that no matter how far up they get they don't forget their people. I loved it. =) It was an awesome night and I'm so glad so many came out to support the cause. Words can't even express how proud I am of my boys and crew for all the hard work that went into this concert, overall it was a success. 


Sunday:
the trip continued...a full day of MORE shopping, eating, and chillin' by the pool.......FREEZING. 
Vegas was kind and one hell of a trip to remember!



We got back Monday evening and Valentines was the next day. I seriously thought our Valentines was done in Vegas........NOPE. haha Shawn called pretty early for lunch (12pm is early for me) he had Shawnee w/him so we took her to Mcdeez to play, ended up having lunch w/my cousin as well....and the shopping continued. lol... He dropped me off and again I thought that was it. Called me back about 2 hours later that he was on his way. I was so tired but got up anyways... walked outside and he had balloons and flowers. LOL now... I don't even like flowers hahaha, but I still thought it was so sweet. We then went to this Chinese place I was dying to go to...nothing fancy, but I was seriously craving their chow mein....so we went there and then caught a movie (SAFE HOUSE) @ Gateway. Yeah, so i have this bad habit of ALWAYS falling asleep in the theater so I didn't want to do a Romantic Comedy or any kind of Romance movie so I asked Shawn if we could watch Safe House, plus I know he's been dying to see it. It was a pretty cool movie, lots of action, but still....I could not keep my eyes open. LOL... I felt so bad, he totally caught me dozing off. haha 
I really was just so tired....I didn't even have the strength to go to ice cream after when he asked. The night ended kinda early but I was glad, Valentines was sweet....and very memorable.... I feel bad I even forgot the flowers and balloons in the car =/. I really loved it all though... it was much more than I expected, from Vegas to me dozing off in Safe House.LOL... I dunno how I scored such a loving patient fella. 

XoXo
Thanks babe...


1 comment:

  1. You guys look like u had a blast in vegas... Vegas is not my thing, but all my fam flew up there from Hawaii, so I felt left out, but it's ok.. maybe I'll plan on it next year lol. Anyhow, glad you enjoyed yourself and you had a good valentines! while some of us was working ticket counter hahahaha.. take care leta! -lani

    ReplyDelete