Friday, February 3, 2012

[ new beginnings & the lost ones ]

Holy heck....it's only been ONE month into 2012 and within that period of time life hasn't slowed down one bit. Sad that the groundhog saw it's shadow, I seriously don't know how I'm going to deal w/the next 6 weeks of winter.. (shoot me now!) Although January was crazy, I had a little break (meaning an open weekend) at the beginning of the month which was much needed. Just spent time with family and my main squeeze ;) haha

We started the B.O.M. like I had previously mentioned in my 'Scripture Power' blog....and we are still reaping the blessings of doing so!! =)

As the second week approached the "busy-ness" picked up quite a bit. My little cousin/sister Elisa "Sweetie Pie" tied the knot after 5 years with her boo thang. ;) Tangi threw her a beautiful shower. My sisters and I helped with the games, which turned out more fun than we expected hahaha. Thanks to all those that participated.
**MyLeTaMoMeNt: I have this thing with people that go to showers and don't like to participate. Obviously you were invited for a reason....because you know the bride and/or her family.....so be considerate of the bride and those throwing the shower and flippin' participate! Ya know what I'm sayin?? If not, then you're just there to be faikaz/fie ilo so STAY HOME! ;) 

Sweets wedding was as beautiful as her. I'm excited for her and Fili and their new future together &  wish them all the best of luck =)


The following week I went to beautiful sunny SoCal for a quick fixer upper.....hence my last post. Well...it wasn't suppose to be, it was suppose to be a "business trip" but it was more like a fixer upper. The only bad thing is, I think it actually made matters worse, I'm dying to go back.....or to Hawaii.......or Jamaica......or anywhere above 60 degrees.

When I was in L.A. I got a call from mom that the nurse had just left my grandmas house and had just informed them that Aunty Lita only had that week left. Mom asked me just to grab her some material from the alley downtown for the funeral since now we were facing funeral preps 'for real'. We did. As soon as I got the material I got the text from mom that Aunty had passed. =( My heart dropped...I was so sad I didn't get to say goodbye to her. I was frustrated that I stayed back to get material instead of catching my flight. I found myself irritated that the nurse had just told us that Aunty had about a week......and instead she passed right after the nurse left. UGH! On top of that Shawn and I weren't having the best day. So getting that call just made the whole day suck. We hadn't been back to Lisas place when I got the call, we still were running around doing errands and dropping people off here and there so I couldn't just cry like a baby. lol... We finally got home and I jumped in the shower just to shed a few tears here and there, I was thinking more than crying. Grateful that Aunty finally was at peace and no more pain. As soon as I got out of the shower I noticed I missed 8 calls.... all from Shawn. hahaha.. I answered the 9th call and all he said was "I'm so sorry about your aunt babe...." OMG- i lost it. I couldn't even hold it in anymore.... lol so ugly I'm sure. I know Lisa probably already knew what was going on so she left me alone for a minute. Just hearing his voice always calms me. He was the exact person I needed to hear from that actually eased my pain of losing yet another aunt at the time. Anyway....before I get carried away even more and no one really even cares lol... to make my long story shortER (haha)....

my aunt passed away Sunday, January 22nd in the comfort of her home, surrounded by her mother and sisters (one being my mother). Because we knew her death was coming Aunty had planned out everything she wanted for her funeral from her program to who she wanted to sing and everything. Aunties funeral was beautiful. Just like her, so simple.







Of course I was sad to lose Aunty Lita and I know I will miss her and her sense of humor dearly. I am at peace knowing shes at peace...no more pain....no more cancer....no more fighting or suffering....nothing. The most comforting thing is that she was more than ready to return home. She was a faithful member of the church, who even to her death she fulfilled her callings....literally....from her death bed. =) I can just imagine how excited she must be to reunite with my grandpa and other family members who have already passed.

did i mention that I have the SWEEETEST ward ever?

...oh and employer...??

Saturday after Aunty Litas funeral a bunch of us headed out to Vegas for Tinas farewell. Vegas was short and sweet. We went to dinner at one my favorite sushi places when I got in. I had to treat my two faves... Tini and my dear namesake for their birthdays.




We stripped a little and called it a night.


Tinas farewell was beautiful- still can't believe she's actually a missionary. haha I'm so excited for her and can't wait to hear from her. Her missions been something she's looked forward to for years and she's more than ready to be out there.

We sent Sister Mapu off to the MTC this past Wednesday. We are so excited for her and wish her the best of luck in spreading the good TRUE word! :p


As crazy as it's been, it's been a lovely start to the new year, and I'm still excited for 2012. Staying busy is always a good thing right? Well here goes nothing.... haha

1 comment:

  1. Yes your family was very busy. So glad I got to see you at Tina's open house, except for when we got scolded for laughing too loud during your family meeting LOL. Remember...call me for lunch! :)

    ReplyDelete