Friday, July 20, 2012

[New Baby + New Mommy= NEW LIFE]

she's a major crack up w/her faces
It's been exactly 3 weeks since 'Alilia has been born. From day one life had changed tremendously, of course we haven't gotten much sleep  and visitors are nonstop but I'm soaking it all up and enjoying every second of it. I absolutely LOVE being a mother. I can't even grasp my finger around the thought that she really is all mine....okay and Shawns too. Haha... I had to apologize to my poor husby the other day because I wasn't sharing her enough lol...but no worries, I'll be all over sharing her with dirty diapers and showering when those duties come into effect. ;) Just not yet, I still get a little freaked with Shawn being all new to it. The other day was the first time I left them alone because I had a dentist appointment, that alone scared me and I was home asap just to find that they were just fine and Shawn had everything under control.
Anyway, I know pregnancy, birth, and even recovery is different for everyone, but the stories that I've heard- my heck, I've been so scared of giving birth, but most of all recovery. However, pregnancy was pretty cool the only time I ever hated it was when I no longer had fit into my pants haha...oh and when I saw my first stretch mark (i seriously cried haha dramatic much?) Birth/Labor were pretty good for me as well. Recovery itself, thankfully, has been pretty chill too. I don't know if it's because I'm just amazingly strong {insert joking face haha} or if it's just because it's my first and I've just been expecting the WORST, whatever it is though- I'm glad all has turned out for the best and our baby girl is healthy and growing.
Just these past 3 weeks have gone by so fast, I can't even believe 'Alilia will be a month next week. So here are just a few pics of the last 3 weeks.... in case I don't get around to updating her 1 month blog, because we all know how bomb I am at updating my blog.......... NOOOTTT!!! lol..
 (YES I PLAN ON UPDATING EVERY MONTH ON HER! HAHA...)


'Alilias WELCOME HOME & [TRYING] to eat healthy for my nursing child. =)
...being showered w/gifts from my awesome friends and family...
....and napping with daddy....

....and showered some more...

....running out of room...
but hey, I'm not complaining, thanks for all the diapers yall...
my beautiful namesake stopped in from Vegas to see my 'Alilia.
She cried...and cried...and smothered baby cakes w/tons of smooches!
.....this growing child of mine....
....just a few of her faces...
....me and my doll....
i freakin love her


Like I said before, although life has changed big time and this is all new to me, I wouldn't change the world one bit for it. I love every moment with my adorable little baby and our little family. She's so perfect......until she screams lol. She is really easy going and doesn't give me a hard time at all. Let's just hope it all stays that way. haha
XoXo & cheers to this new baby, new mommy, and new life!

Love, US

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Leta....she is so beautiful! Motherhood is the best, as you've learned in these 3 weeks...and it will only get better!

    ReplyDelete