Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Team CATCH UP via IG

So, I've clearly neglected my poor blog for the past 8 months or so, which happens to be the longest time I've done that. My conclusion is that its all INSTAGRAMS fault. I wanted to update my blog every month with what's been going on in my life and especially 'Alilias life events in just the past 8 months...but clearly I have failed at that. haha.. {#1 Mom Award goes to me right? ;p} However, if you go on to my Instagram you'll see I've kept up pretty well with my daily/weekly posts of life the past few months. But just for the record and for my Alilias sake i'll do less talking and more posting of the past few months' happenings..... =) So, technically I guess this could also be my recap of this past year......or at least the past 8 months (even though i'm late with that too now that it's the 7th of March lol).
Anywho... Since July.....:



**It didn't take too long til I was on my first job and also first time away from baby. Leaving her was so hard for me and it seriously seemed like the longest trip EVER (even though it was only for a day and a half lol). I went to L.A. for the Fobbnation Music Awards.  It was the first annual one held in Redondo Beach. It was a successful turn out for it's first year and i'm excited to see what each year brings with all the talent from our very own talented Polynesians.



 

** 'Alilia and I went out to Florida with some family just to hang out and watch and support our cousins play. I love spending time with the Florida fam and can't wait til our next trip ;)




**My maternity leave was speedy, i wish I could've had more time off to spend with my baby girl, but mommy duties called and I had to return to work. As hard as it was leaving her, I still felt good returning to work. Blessed to actually have a job to provide for my young'n. =) I actually feel like I have a purpose and meaning to live now.....an obligation to my daughter, in every positive way. =)


 

....me and Joshee boy....

  
Jeanna May... the HOTTEST make up artist in Seattle.









** I had the chance to be apart an acoustic series as the TheWhatItDo teamed up with BetelNut Radio to promote the whole movement of Rock the Vote. The acoustic series took place in Seattle, Portland, and Vancouver. It was an amazing turn out. So many people came out to support and help push the whole voting movement. It made me so proud to be an American and to fulfill my duties as an American to VOTE!! I loved the whole thing.....I might be bias because my dad's a guitarist and my brothers and I all play so to me, acoustic ALWAYS sounds best. I absolutely loved it, especially all the friends and NEW family I made along the way. They were all so good to us and made it the best road trip EVER.... haha




Besides 'Alilia it seriously was one of my main highlights of 2012 and i'm grateful I had the opportunity to not only share my talent but meet some pretty amazing people.



**In December, A good friend of mine (Sina Thomsen) who happens to be an extremely talented polynesian fashion designer invited me and my bestie to model her line in a fashion show in San Diego. We had a blast and would do it over and over again. =) Thanks Sina....




** Alilias first Christmas was nothing less of perfect. I loved celebrating every holiday so far with her but Christmas was my FAVORITE! =) She was so spoiled by everyone and just having her and her good health was the best gift shawn and I could have ever received this year.




** I got to cover a bunch of events at the Sundance Film Festival here in Park City, Ut. Believe it or not, it was my first time actually attending the film festival. I learned so much about producing, directing, acting, and just film in general by attending it. I met and got front row tickets to Melanie Fiona {best believe I checked that off my bucket list}.... She was amazeballs and I would watch her over and over again. I also got to sit in on the panel of directors for the Black House group. Can I just say I've never seen & felt so much diversity, professional behavior, talent, and success in one room. I got the chance to meet the VP of Fox Network and many more directors. IT. WAS. PHENOMENAL!!! I can't wait to go back next year.






** The latest and greatest.... Rugby 7's. I was busy from the moment I arrived to the moment I left with the Beres Hammond/Shaggy/The Wailers concert. It was a success and we had a lot of happy people in the end so it was all worth it. My highlight of the trip? Meeting and interviewing Beres Hammond. Talk about a humble man... I loved his whole ora and wouldn't mind kickin it with him again. haha..


That was just my LONG update via IG. I hate  that I've totally deserted my blog. I'm REALLY going to try and keep up with it since things have kinda slowed down a little. I will do my Alilia update soon...and if by chance I don't you can catch me on IG lol.. letdoll34

1 comment:

  1. Wow, look at you. Busy body! I loved the update. Your daughter has the best facial expressions! It's great to see you fulfill your mommy duties, your singing duties, your wifey duties, your model-cool-dresses duties and interviewing-awesome-artists duties!! Keep up the great work. Love all of your business and career ventures you've got going on!

    Talisha

    ReplyDelete