Friday, June 21, 2013

....ONE YEAR.....

Last year was a big year for us. We got married.....and had Alilia. Just that sentence alone overwhelms me {in every GOOD way possible}. Just thinking of last year and all the craziness that came with it, I seriously can't even believe it has already been a year and all 3 of us are all still alive. lol.... Marriage has been wonderful...... it's been a crazy road where I've wanted to kill shawn so many times and I'm sure I've annoyed him enough that he wanted to do the same but all in all it's been a WONDERFUL... crazy road that will always be a work of progress for us. If Shawn and I thought we knew each other these past 7 year, we reeeally know each other now and still getting to know each other. haha I love him more and more each day and am grateful that through our learning process of marriage and raising our family he's truly taken on the role of a great husband and father. And that, I thank God for each day. =)

As for parenting... I couldn't have asked for a bigger or better blessing. Being married to my main has been great and all but Alilia has been THE. MOST. AMAZING. thing that has ever happened to me and Shawn. I can't even begin to tell you how she's changed our lives. I use to think that I understood the saying "You'll never know until you have your own child..." because of how much I loved my nieces and nephews as my own. But now that I do have my own, it's love at a whole new level. I still love my nephews and nieces the same but it's like my heart didn't know it could love even more.

Alilia is seriously mine and shawns daughter all around. The perfect mix of us two. She's both me and Shawn in every way....it's kinda scary lol. From the time I was pregnant to giving birth she was so good. I had no problems during pregnancy (even though I didn't know for the first 6 months lol) and even to the time I went into labor, she made it easier than I envisioned giving birth. Even as a newborn she was good. Made mommy and daddy's job a lot easier for us. I loved that she adapted to nursing easily and even when I had to put her on formula because I wasn't producing enough, she adapted to that very well. I was a proud and grateful mommy and she was only 6 months. =) She's a pro traveler already, I seriously pray and thank God every time we fly because she's an amazing little traveler and I love that she's my little traveling partner. Passengers just adore her even more because of how well she travels. (crossing my fingers it stays that way as she ages lol) I can't take any credit for it though because just like her mommy she knocks out before the plane takes off and wakes up right before landing. LOL. She sits still during prayer and stays quiet til we're done. I love it. Most of all though I love that she knows me and shawn and knows we are her parents. With us working we tend to have an inconsistent schedule that's constantly changing so Alilias always with my family or Shawns, but I love that she knows us. I still try to work as least as I can to spend as much time with her yet still survive financially. I wish I could just be with her ALL DAY LONG....24/7!!

Anyway, I'll stop rambling and get to the point now. Haha... I had to post a blog because it's been long enough and since I've been kinda out on the social networking thang I haven't been able to express my feelings on our baby girl turning one. I still can't grasp it all... but planning her party now for the last month and a half has gotten me so excited. Not so much excited about the party planning and all the costs that come with it but just the fact that I am celebrating my daughters ONE YEAR birthday just excites me so much to the point that I have all these ideas and it's just a mess in my head. lol... However, with the help of my A team everythings coming together and I can NOT wait til we celebrate. I'm so excited just thinking of the rest of her life and all the birthdays we get to celebrate. hahaha... I'm not even joking. I'm trynna contain all my excitement because I don't want to be like a crazy mom but everything from her invites to games and prizes and the food all just get me so excited. Alilia truly is our pride and joy and I can't even imagine life with out her. I have no idea how I ever lived my life with out her. I am so blessed to have her in my life and as well as Shawn. She totally syncs our family together and it's the best feeling in the world.

Mommy and Daddy love you baby girl... XOXO

1 comment: