Monday, February 2, 2015

...recap...2014

Oh hiiii....

Yes i'm still here and kicking and breathing. My last post was super late but I had to post it for myself since I totally sucked at keeping a pregnancy journal. It is a new year so I'll briefly recap our last year.
It was a fulfilling year and though at times it seemed crazy we managed to get past it all, we truly are blessed.

After my previous post of being in early labor at 38 weeks I ended up having baby. haha I had a surprise shower by my sisters, had a graduation dinner for my good friend Henry, and after being in pain that entire time Shawn and I just went into the hospital. It was about 11p. I still wasn't dilated as much as I had wished but they kept me there because babys heart rate kept dropping. The nurses kept coming in and out through out the night because of his heart rate. Honestly it was scaring me so bad because at one point they had to hook me up to the oxygen machine because it got hard to breathe. It was weird. I waited til I was about a 6 to head to the delivery room. By then it was about 7am...I didn't want to get the epidural yet because I was trying to be super woman haha....and then, I couldn't take it anymore I chickened out and got it at about a 7. After I got the epidural my OB got into work and we talked for little and he said I'd probably give birth at about noon. So we let our families know. Even though I REALLY did not want ANYONE at the hospital Shawn let them know I didn't want anyone there til about 12. Well at 10a my doctor came in and told me we were gonna have the baby right then because his head was already poppin out. haha So it was Shawn and I and about 6 nurses... lol. He popped out in no time. By then my epidural had worn off so I could feel everything....in a good way. I wasn't in pain but could feel it. It was awesome. Right after that my parents got there and were so bummed that they missed baby...well my mom was. But it was all good we had a healthy beautiful baby, and couldn't ask for anything more.

We named our little 7.5lb, 20 inch baby Pita Lauina Asiata, after his late grand father. He has been such a blessing to our family. His sister although jealous at first just adores him and is totally a big sister to him. A bully who punks him yet is the first to make sure he's okay. I love their bond it is so sweet.

He is such an easy going baby and makes my heart melt every time I see him or hold him. I probably give him about a million kisses everyday. Poor kid doesn't know I will do that to him his entire life! haha...
I love my babies and am so blessed that they have chosen me to be their mommy and Shawn their daddy. I still don't know how we even lived lives before they came along. As crazy as parenthood may seem it is THE BEST thing in the world, and I am truly grateful that our Heavenly Father has trusted us as parents to raise and nurture his beautiful children. 
Lauina was definitely the highlight of our year last year. It was trying year and was really hard on my husband emotionally and mentally. I don't know how it feels to lose a parent but I do have an idea because of what my husband has had to face. A lot has changed this man of mine since he's lost his father, all being good changes. It's taken such a toll on him and our family in general but through the grace of our Heavenly Father and his perfect plan of salvation we are constantly reminded that everything will be okay in the end so long as we live righteously. I know things work out in its own time, and for us, its working slooowwlly but surely. 


our Alilia turned 2 last year and she has surely been in her "terrible twos" lol. But we love her and are truly grateful for her fun personality that keeps us both on our toes. She is seriously the funniest girl I know. She's like a little sponge that soaks everything up....even all the bad words she shouldn't be saying lol.
She's an awesome older sissy and is just as loving as her daddy. She totally takes after her Mama (my mom) when it comes to family. She calls everyone her cousin...haha. Seriously. We went to the laundry mat the other night and she was playing with these little palagi kids that were there, she then came back to me and told me she needed to get some candy from the vending machine to share with her cousins. I said "who?" and she pointed to the two little boys and said "My cousins.." hahaha well at least they weren't her boyfriends right? lol


I love my little family and all the time we get to spend together. I am grateful to still be working for the best airline ever...haha Thru them we have been able to visit many places and attend many family functions. We took numerous trips to MInnesota to visit and support Matt and his family during the season and off season, I took both babies with me to Hawaii as we bid our 'see you later' to my sweet brother Fano, Alilia visited Disneyland with her firstiez, she also visited the ER 5 times last year =( haha, i recently took Lauina with me to Pittsburgh for my cousin Lennys funeral, and we just got back from LA last night... It's been a busy year and with all our flying around I'd be ungrateful  if I didn't recognize our Heavenly Fathers hands in all we do. I am most grateful for the health of my kids. They may have a little cough here and there but they are healthy little babies and I couldn't be happier. 

Shawn and I are doing great. He is an amazing father and a very very veeeeerrry patient and loving husband. He does everything in his power to keep us happy and I love him for that. Many times I forget to remind him how much I appreciate him but I plan on showing that a lot more this year....i promise haha. The biggest thing I've learned about marriage thus far is to make a marriage last you must be 2 very forgiving people. lol.. yes that has been a challenge for the both of us and although we fall short of many things at times we always end up compromising that sticking together through whatever hardships we face. I love my man, and hope I am being the kind of wife he needs and especially the kind of mother he needs for his crazy kids.

Once again I hope I can keep up with this blog this year.... haha
Happy New Year folks....

No comments:

Post a Comment