Monday, February 2, 2015

...Life Sucker?....

I wanted to keep a pregnancy journal with baby #2 because I'd actually be going through the whole pregnancy {knowing} I was actually pregnant. It wasn't like last time where I couldn't really keep track because I technically only knew I was pregnant for 3 months of the 9. haha... Those that are pretty close to me always joke around about how my first pregnancy wasn't even a real one because of that exact reason of not knowing. lol... and I do feel that way sometimes so THIS time I wanted to kinda go through a "real" pregnancy. Keep a journal, track it more, and watch this baby groooowww!! ;) I haven't even kept a journal or even attempted to start it so I figured I would just update my blog with the latest baby news even though I only have about 2 weeks (crossing my fingers any day now) left in this pregnancy. Mainly for MY keepsake as well as baby's if baby #2 ever wants to read it. =)

Quite honestly this pregnancy has SUCKED. haha... seriously. I told Shawn I'm pretty sure we found out the first week we were pregnant. I was so sick and by the time I made it to my first appointment I THOUGHT I would at least be 12 weeks but I wasn't, I was only 8 lol. My whole first trimester was pretty depressing, I didn't want to do a thing. I was never up to doing anything, not even going out to eat, because every smell made me nauseous and I knew I'd eventually throw the food I did eat up . I was tired ALL....THE....TIME, I had no appetite, and when I did have an appetite it'd be in the middle of the night and of course I'd want something from somewhere that was closed. =( It sucked.....did I say that already? lol. A few times I'd try to replace my 'middle of the night' cravings for something else and that was totes a bad idea because within a few minutes after eating I'd be on the toilet puking it all out. =/ {insert emoji throw up face} i know...sorry-
Like I said I DID NOT HAVE AN APPETITE for anything, couldn't keep anything down to save my life. certain smells like sauteed onions and garlic would make me vomit, and I absolutely love that smell. I promise I'm not being dramatic lol.... the funny thing is even at work from the smell of the airport environment to our break room, stock room, offices, the rugs, ground, just the scent of EVERYTHING made me nauseous, it was terrible. One time I could smell a banana peel at the bottom of the garbage can like 10 positions down from where I was working... the janitor thought it was funny. haha...
All I pretty much did during my first trimester was lie in bed, not even sleep, just lay there. I wasn't in the mood for reading, getting ready, or even hanging out with my Alilia. =( that's what made me depressed the most, is I felt like I was being such a terrible mom because Alilia would want to play and I just wasn't in the mood. It seemed like the only time I was in the mood to do anything with her was when she just wanted to cuddle... haha so i'd try and find different movies to watch with her so she'd just sit still and stay with me in bed. And the only thing I had to keep reminding myself was "THIS IS WHAT WE WANTED" another baby, baby was a blessing and gift, AND....I myself wanted to experience a "REAL PREGNANCY".... that's seriously what kept me going.

that...was the first trimester.

The second of course like most pregnancys (so i heard) got a lot better. I wasn't as sick. I found I had more energy and more of an appetite. (<<---not sure if that was so good for me lol) We traveled more and I think I was more focused on being there for Shawn emotionally and mentally since his father had passed during my first trimester. Shawn was more busy with training for football and focusing on life changing events so in a way I'm kinda glad because it made me step out of my whole depressed pregnancy mode and focus on my family.....like I should've been from the beginning. LOL. We traveled a lot more during this time as well so that was nice. Spent Christmas and New Years in Minnesota with Shawns family so that was a nice change as well. I feel like my second trimester is when my belly really started growing, you could totally tell I was pregnant after our trip to Minnesota. haha I seriously was eating nonstop and not gonna lie, I probably used the "it's 'cause I'm pregnant" excuse more than I should have but it's all good. A full tummy makes a happy heart right? ;)

As I entered my  third trimester things health wise seemed a bit easier besides the fact that I couldn't fit in ANYTHING and I couldn't breath because this boy was just growing. {{YES, if I didn't spill it before, we're having a boy}} All my check ups and testings turned out good, baby was growing perfectly, and I was doing good as well. Now that was about the first month of my 3rd trimester....things began to change slowly. I found that I was more tired, just like I was during the first trimester, if not MORE tired than I was then. hah... Honestly, all I wanted to do was sleep, I had less energy, I began to get migraines...you know like the ones right between your eyes? Yeah...those ones. The ones I hate the most. Apparently though, that came from being dehydrated. I went into the doc I think 3 times and was told I was dehydrated and that I needed to drink more fluids and eat more. I SWWEEAAARRR I was eating plenty with all my weight gain during the second AND third trimesters, but I guess I had to eat and drink more. lol...
Right now, I am 38 weeks. I had Alilia at 38 weeks so I was pretty sure this one would come early too. Well.... I was wrong. haha. Apparently this boy is pretty stubborn because not only did I have Alilia at this time in that pregnancy just a week before I had her I was dilated to a 2 already and within 4 days I had dilated to a 6. Not so easy with this one.... =/ Last week I went in for my appointment and the doc said I was dilated to a 1....at that time I was thinking "okay well at least there's some progress...by next week I SHOULD BE at least a 3 or 4 and ready for labor".....well.... WRONG AGAIN. Today I went in for my 38 week appointment and I was only a 2.......barely. =( I wanted to cry. haha because I've been in early labor the last 3 days. Let's just say I'm not a fan [AT ALL] of early labor- (excuse my french but...) that shit hurts. :'( and to think that it's just early labor and not even actual labor....HOOOOIIII teu mate au. =/
I wanted this though right?? Experiencing the "real pregnancy"..... so it's all good. I know it's just a moment and the blessing in the end will be all worth the not-so-fun pregnancy. ;)





Sorry not to many pictures from this pregnancy because I was so fat lol. This was 36 weeks though and although I hate pictures during pregnancy I absolutely love my belly and the whole feeling of baking a cute little human being. Lets pray this is as easy as my first one.....

No comments:

Post a Comment