Sunday, March 6, 2011

[i am in love.....]

..with my newest niece.
LanaRae Kilisitina Mapu
I'm a bit behind on my blogging because this girl was born 4 days ago and i'm just barely introducing her to all 30 of my followers. haha...
She was born
March 2, 2011.
(she's a March baby, which means she's due some serious greatness like her Aunty Leta ;p)
8 lbs 3 oz.





A funny story about this night...

So I was working, trying to get out early the moment I found out that Trish was going into labor. Mind you... she started early at about 4am and didn't have baby until 1pm, well I start work at 2 so from the time I got to work to the time I was off (1030p) I was trying my hardest to get out of work early. Well, we had late flights so there was no way I was leaving early. I was frustrated because most nights we get out early, but the night that I was dying to meet my new niece we happened to have a late flight. I was ticked. To top it off, the passengers that we had misconnected that night just tore me apart. They basically just vented to me, swearing up a storm and telling me how bad we've screwed them over. Kinda rude but the whole time I was getting yelled at, it was going in one ear and out the other. I just didn't care what anyone was saying because I wanted to get to the hospital. Anyhow, after we were done at about 1130pm and finally released to go home my dad started giving me a hard time about going to the hospital so late. He said that Trish and Ofa have been up since 4am and have had visitors aaaall day long, and that I should just be considerate and just see em and baby the following day. Well.... I couldn't because I had an early dentist appointment and I had to work and wouldn't be able to see baby. So after all my bickering and being a butt head to my poor dad, I left to the hospital after I got the okay from Ofa to come through.
The moment I walked in, my eyes just teared up. I then couldn't help it by the time I held her in my arms. She felt like mine.. haha seriously. Ofas basically my twin, and to be holding his baby just meant so much to me. It reminded me of when I held Tangis first born, Nana. Sias baby boy Danny, and of course Lusis first born, Pili.
I love how nieces and nephews make eeeeverything better.

this night,
LanaRae made all the stress from work go away and magically made it just perfect!!!!! =)
Love my new niecey!!

No comments:

Post a Comment