Saturday, November 16, 2013

...baby #2...



I'm not even going to try and excuse myself from slacking on this blog, [clearly] I just suck at it. I was pretty bored at work so I decided I'd look through my previous posts just for the heck of it. I realized I kept up pretty well during my pregnancy with Alilia, and man was I grateful. =) I didn't keep a journal during that pregnancy (or at least 3 months that I did know of it lol) so to have record of my '3 month pregnancy' was awesome. After seeing that I decided I would keep up better this time.....
...by 'THIS TIME' I mean, THIS PREGNANCY. haha YES we are expecting again...and YES we were expecting and planning this one. haha. Long story short- Shawn and I talked and decided we wanted another baby soon, around Alilias age because
1.) I was a middle child, yes the golden child (6 years between me and Josh, my older brother and then 7 years between me and Frankie, my younger sister) however I always wished I had a sibling to grow up with like my two older and younger sibs had. 2.) I've blogged about it before but I've always admired how Shawn and Matts relationship was. I would've loved to have a bro/sis that close in age to grow up with, go to school with, always have someone to play with, etc...
So we wanted a sibling for Alilia to have that way IF we don't have any more at least they'll have each other. =) The closer in age th better right? Yeah, I guess... haha
So yes, we are expecting and I'm pretty sure I found out the day after.Funny thing is, we 'planned' on having a baby soon for the above reasons however after about a month or two we sat down and talked again, and decided maybe we weren't ready and we should just wait.......but....by the time that talk came around it was to late, ready or NOT our little baby was already making a home in my freshly flattened tummy {insert JK face} HAHAHA... jk about the flattened tummy that is. lol..

Anyway, so at this very moment,

I am 15 weeks.
Due May 14, 2014.

This pregnancy thus far has been the total opposite of Alilias smooth sailin one. I've been so sick with EVERTHING, but heartburn (....thank goodness...). Morning sickness has kicked my butt, being tired ALL THE TIME and no energy seems to be depressing because I hate not being able to accomplish what i need to {LIKE WORK and CARING FOR MY CHILD} and then all the crazy dreams and memory loss... HOOOOIII (<---- yes i just said hoi lol) don't help in any way at all. On top of that I just found out after a month of a painful mouth, I've got a wisdom tooth that decided to come through that needs to get pulled and I need to get a root canal this next week because it is already infected, so of course the pain has multiplied by 10 since I'm expecting, and i just want to pull my mouth off my face and stomp on it. haha.... Oh and lets not forget that I have been congested for the last week and half, and all I can take is Tylenol. {insert painful/hopeless face}. But even with all this, I am extremely excited and CAN NOT wait to meet this sweet baby. I can't wait to hold another offspring of mine and shawns. A sibling of Alilias that she will probably beat but love so much. ;) A beautiful gift that will bless all three of our lives more that we will ever know. =) All the sickness, pain, tiredness, wacko symptoms, and toothaches become but small factors in this pregnancy- and the effect that baby #2 already has on our lives already make life better in EVERY WAY.

I'm grateful for the opportunity our Heavenly Father has given me to bring another child in to this earth. It will be another beautiful PAINFUL moment that I will never forget. A wake up call to be consistent in teaching not only nothing but good but leading by example to do so because this crazy world teaches nothing but the opposite. I'm so grateful for a loving supporting family and husband who are always willing to watch and care for Alilia when I just don't have the strength to, who always make sure my cravings are being met, and who accept me for all these annoying pregnancy issues i have. lol... Seriously, this pregnancy is totally opposite of Alilias so I'd be the most ungrateful person if I didn't recognize and thank my support system for being the best I could EVER ask for. Wish us all luck the rest of this journey...

1 comment:

  1. yayy!! Can't wait to see this what this cutie is gonna look like! Can't believe all you girls (tangi and her sister) are all pregnant at the same time...did you guys plan this?! hahaha j/k But i haaaaaated the stupid pregnancy dreams and pregnancy brain! It was so hard to go to school when I couldn't think straight or remember anything! lol but good luck with the rest of your pregnancy Leta!

    ReplyDelete